Cabelas Euro HD Binos

Feb 18, 2011
I was curious if anyone had any real world experience with them yet. I looked through them in the store, but that doesn't mean much. These new ones have flourite HD lenses as compared to the old ones. They seem built tough as nails just curious if optically in the field, how these appear to preform? Equivlant to a ZR ED3?Swaro SLC? Anywhere inbetween? Just what level of binocular are these?

I do not believe tha ED and HD are describing the same optical characteristiscs, at least not with the same Flourite ED glass that many premium optical companies use. That is unless they are paying royalties but then they would use "ED" as a describer, wouldn't they to claim equivalence? There I go being technical again, when will I learn?

Nothing is ever as it seems with optics and their mystery words such as refraction index matching which is widely claimed and not done nearly as much as widely claimed. It is a scary world out there and salesman are not the technical authorities! Procede with caution.

I have Meopta Meostar binos. The Cabela's Euro bino is a rebranded Meopta Meostar. The HD models use the glass you mentioned, according to Meopta.

I can tell you, my Meostars are OUTSTANDING binoculars. I have not made a direct comparison to Swaro glasses other than in a store. In a store, there is NO difference in clarity between Swaro's and Meopta's, but that's in a store.

For the difference in price between Swaro and Meopta, and considering I find my current Meopta glasses (which predate the HD model) to be fantastic optics, I would not be hesitant on the Euro binos if in the market. My only reservation with the Euro is it is often restricted to 10x models, where I wanted 7x or 8x.

You can look at Meopta optics directly and get the same optic as the Euro but in a wider selection of magnifications and objective sizes, too.....just a thought.

Back