Canadian Fox

Slimfinn

Handloader
Nov 28, 2018
Ok the quality is far from the typical photos in this section but i just wanted to share to color difference in this fox verse what i am used to seeing down in the states. From what I've read there are many different color phases of a red fox and even the silver fox is actually a red fox20220201_070305.jpg20220201_070256.jpg20220201_070246.jpg. Anyone from up north verify?

I have witnessed both silver phase and black phase in the company of red phase fox. I've see them all here in the north.

I've only seen the red phase here in Michigan.

JD338

Yes this was a first for me, used to just seeing reds everywhere Ive been.
Its pretty cool.
I should have mentioned that we also have Grey fox. They are smaller than the Red fox with a lot of different colors, grey, black, brown and white. I had a pair behind my old house living in an old wood pile. They would eat the bird seed underneath the bird feeder.

JD338

I used to trap . here is a pic of my first grey fox . the greys are more of a cat family , reds are dog family . fox are pretty animals .

first fox.jpg

Nice pictures. We have both red and gray in my state. Maybe that is a hobo fox cause it's near the tracks, lol. Dan.

Back