Christensen Arms Ridgeline 7 rem

Those look very nice congratulations. Looks like ELD Match in the 7mm and a Barnes in the 270 WSM. Quite different performance between the two types and can cover a lot of different types of hunting that way. It will be neat to see how the 270 WSM shoots, that 7mm is stacking them............

That is a beautiful pair of rifles. I should imagine you will be very pleased with them.

I do know that the 270 wsm has a very tight chamber or my rem 700 was very sloppy. None of my fired brass can be used in the new gun. No big I guess it's just that 50 pcs were Norma brass.

Well just got home from shooting . The 270 shot great with 130 classic hunters and RL17. I knew this gun has a tight chamber so I was expecting lower velocity . I used factory 150 ablr to site in and break in barrel which were absolutely horrible just like the ablr in any calber have been for me. Then i switched to my loads with the 130 classic hunters and RL17 and I was imprerssed.
This group was 3245 fps with 61 gr and the 59 gr and the 60 gr load shot even better I just have no picture of it. The speed at 59 gr was 3130 fps so i will load 59.5 gr and i'm happy with that.
My chrony is on the low side for velocity . I shot my 7 rem thru my buddies chrony and the and my 7 rem with the 162 eldx are consistent at 3140 fps. That would explain why i had to make adjustments south when I got farther out

I'm so pleased with these 2 guns and load development was a breeze.

Attachments

• IMG_3603.JPG
    IMG_3603.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,101
This target is a buddies 26 nosler at 500 yards. his was the 5" or so group. Then I shot 2 shots with my 7 rem and the 2 shots touched. He had anther steel plate at 650 yards and I shot 2 shots at it and they were almost touching. i have no picture of that target because we could not get to it with the truck due to the snow.

Attachments

• IMG_3641.JPG
    IMG_3641.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 504
I shot today at 1007 yards , here the 3 shot group

Attachments

• IMG_3782.JPG
    IMG_3782.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 483
A fine rifle, and outstanding marksmanship, congratulations on your shooting skills, outstanding job. @!!!!

Thanks guys , I did try 1280 yards and that was a little out of my league. I do not have a wind meter, and the 14 power scope is a little under powered. I did come close though. I hit the stand that holds my steel.

Back