Coakley Concedes to Brown in Mass.

DrMike

Ballistician
Nov 8, 2006
According to Drudge Report, Martha Coakley just conceded by phone to Scott Brown. Now, that is good news even here in far northern British Columbia. :grin:

Wow! I was so excited I put this in the "Off Topic" forum first. I don't expect this to immediately change much, but it will give pause to a number of dems facing election this year.

I don't think so, I believe the Dems will pass the Senate version ASAP and they'll all brag about how its the bill they wanted all along, just to save face.

I'm not so sure, there are several Democrats that will try to distance themselves from the health care bill to save their "careers" in DC.

JD338

watch the stock market. Without a super majority I think you will see a nice little jump.

Every once in awhile its nice to get good news. I think the antigunners are now going to think twice before tackling us. I also think our illustrious president is sitting down, leaning back and saying "oh sh--. The Dems announced this morning that the Health care bill was temporarily on hold. Meanwhile whacko Pelosi (and she is nuts) is jumping around saying the Health care bill is right on schedule to be passed. Talk about an out of touch person. I do think that the Dems that are up for mid term elections are really concerned for their well being (and their pensions). The UAW is probably not pleased also.

DrMike":1x42f5mj said:
According to Drudge Report, Martha Coakley just conceded by phone to Scott Brown. Now, that is good news even here in far northern British Columbia. :grin:

Wow! I was so excited I put this in the "Off Topic" forum first. I don't expect this to immediately change much, but it will give pause to a number of dems facing election this year.

Breaks my heart...in a way! :twisted:

Brought a smile to me here too.

Long live Freedom & America!!

I can't say I love some of the multi billion dollar american companies we have to compete with here in the oil patch. However as countries, we've been likeminded neighbours that have coexisted peacefully since the end of War of 1812.

Our sons & brothers have fought and bled togather in two world wars and many other conflicts.

Does that mean I want to be the same country, heck no, things are fine as they are.

However, what I'm trying to say is: Good on ya neighbour!!! Way to take back some ground.

IT IS a fight everyday to retain basic human liberties.

JT.

Looks like the "rail roading" has ended or at least slowed down.

Hey Barac, whata ya gonna do now????????

huntnfool":1u3nlgzm said:
Looks like the "rail roading" has ended or at least slowed down.

Hey Barac, whata ya gonna do now????????

Sounds like his sights are still set on keeping our economy in the toilet. He is set to penalize the banking industry. At the same time we all know that banks have tightened up lending due to lack of funds and the record number of home owners defaulting on their mortgages. Now it may get worse if they get penalized. I say peanalized because the banking industry didn't contribute to his campain. He sure isn't penalizing the unions or the auto industry. Remember the auto industry took TARP money and hasn't paid it back yet and probably never will. The banking industry took the money and paid it back with interest. Some of the banks were forced to take it. Now that they paid it back he can't control them and he is pissed. Rather than operate under government control and have to pay bribes to the democratic party the banking industry paid the money back to get out from under obama's corrupt and rotten foot.

Back