Colorcoding

Lars

Beginner
Aug 28, 2007
What is the system of colorcoding on Noslerbullets?

The Accubonds I have used have white polymertips, and the homepage show a lot of colors on ballistic tips according to caliber, but what 180 gn 30 caliber bullet has orange tips?

The 180 gr AB with the Orange tip is a factory second. Exact same bullet as an AB but with a different color tip. I'm not positive, but I think the wrong color tip was run in production so Nosler put them on sale.

JD338

I have 3-4 bags of 7mm 160 gr AB with a red tip, they are seconds from a Winchester run.

JD338

The bullets I saw is in Norma factory ammunition. The guy who has them has thrown away the box but says they are Norma with 180 gn Nosler bullets.

White tips are first, but for 1/2 price I really don't worry about the color of the tip all that much. The targets I posted the other night were all shot with red tip seconds.

Darn right, They NEED to screw up some:55-90 grn NBT 6mm, 100grn NBT & 110grn AccuBond .257, 140grn Nos Part 6.5mm, 140grn AccuBond 7mm, 180 & 200 grn AccuBond 30 cal, and some 200-225grn accubonds in 338 would be awesome. IF there is somebody wondering what would be a good item to put the wrong colour tip on etc. Just a few suggestions. Not to big a rush on the 338, it's still not here...... :shock: I ordered it in March..

CC.

I will second the 7mm 140 ab
jtoews80":n5l6m0za said:
Darn right, They NEED to screw up some:55-90 grn NBT 6mm, 100grn NBT & 110grn AccuBond .257, 140grn Nos Part 6.5mm, 140grn AccuBond 7mm, 180 & 200 grn AccuBond 30 cal, and some 200-225grn accubonds in 338 would be awesome. IF there is somebody wondering what would be a good item to put the wrong colour tip on etc. Just a few suggestions. Not to big a rush on the 338, it's still not here...... :shock: I ordered it in March..

CC.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I will second the 7mm 140 AB. They seem to be hard to find

Shooter's Pro Shop has'em in seconds @ 16.70 a bag. Be right tempted to order from there again, but I just did and only got a small order last time. 4 bags 115 grn NBT's in .257, 4 bags of 50 7mm Rem Mag 2nds & 1 bag of 140 grn NAB 7mm.
They have a few 165 grn NAB and NBT, I want to try that weight in my 308. It seems to like the 180's best, but I haven't tried any Nosler 165's yet, just 168 SMK's and they were not any better than the 180 NBT's loaded with 44.0 grns of IMR 4064. Unfortunately, I have not the time to load right now.......

CC.

+1 on the .338's.....I kind of expect we might see some after hunting season....so I'll just have to stock up for the next couple of years.

All of the "factory 1st" AccuBond's have a white tip. However, Winchester likes us to put a Red tip in their AccuBonds and Norma likes an Orange tip (I guess when you buy enough bullets you get to say what color tips you want :grin:) You will see factory 2nds with those different color tips when we make more than Winchester or Norma wants.

As a side note, if you see a cannelure where there isn't usually one, they were for Federal.

I'd sneak over and run my greasy hands through a bucket of bullets to make some seconds for you all but I think the folks over in inspection/packaging are wise to me now... :lol:

Nosler4":38mq0q2h said:
I'd sneak over and run my greasy hands through a bucket of bullets to make some seconds for you all but I think the folks over in inspection/packaging are wise to me now... :lol:

Do they all take lunch at the same time??? I sure would like some 338 250AB seconds. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Have you sabatoged the .257 AccuBonds yet 004???

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Still Waiting...... :?

CC.

Back