Coyote call

corbin9191

Handloader
Dec 2, 2007
Ever since I moved up here to Montana there have been stories of coyotes all over the place. So My brother our friend and I went out last weekend and started calling. About 30-35 minutes later they saw one, (I was on a about 20 yards away from them looking in a different direction) But as I was looking through my pentax binoculars I herd a shot being fired. Then after the third shot was done They told me that they had missed a coyote at around 200 yards :shock: . But I have been looking for a good call for coyotes and bobcats around here. The call that I have heard alot about is the Cass Creek Electronic predator Coyote Call. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...rms=algo=SI&its=I&itu=UCI&otn=15&po=LVI&ps=54
Anyways I am wondering what are your guy's thoughts about this call? Does it work good, does it sound realistic ect. Thank you

I have called coyotes with the the cass call. If you do get one be sure to get the extra speaker and the extension cable to go with it.

I have a FoxPro with a remote. I also us a hand call from time to time.

JD338

Another trick that I have heard is that you can take a flag or some feather and stick them on a stick and put it into the ground and it will catch the coyotes attention. Is this true?

i use a hawk feather, got the feather from a dead hawk, that got trapped in a soccer net at my job, its on an extra arrow that i have with dental floss and a swivel. another freind uses a turkey feather. i also take a crow deoy along to make it look a little more realistic, if need be.

corbin9191

Watch the wind. A coyote will always come in down wind to a call. IF you can set up with a cross wind, you should be right in the thick of it.

Not all coyotes come in fast, some sneak in to get a sent check. The feather or some other decoy is a great coaxer.

JD338

I made a call from a MP3 player, a Radio Shack Amp and PA horn. Downloaded some calls from the internet and tried it for the first time today. 1st calling session, 2 came in, 1 left in a hurry (his buddy left with us). 2nd session two came and winded us. Oh well!!. The parts for the home made call is about $100.00
I new to this elec calling and trying diffferent sequences sounds like a lot of fun.

Teknys

Congratulations on your call and your success.

JD338

Back