Coyote Rifle?

ShadeTree":4d96ys6q said:
Guy, never thought I'd say beautiful pictures as it relates to coyotes, but both of those are great pictures.

Thanks. The photo of the live coyote was after a bit of a stalk, trying to close in on him for the photo. Sadly, it's a little blurry. Here's the photo just before he turned around to see if I was still following him:

gSgw1k3h.jpg

Watched this guy hunt for a while. Never was able to get as good a photo of him as I wanted:

hvLos65h.jpg

This one met the 25-06 at about 420 yards. A 115 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip did the job:

2yjft1zh.jpg

I don't do as much coyote hunting, with camera or rifle, as I'd like. Sure is a good way to get good with the deer & antelope rifle though.

Regards, Guy

1100 Rem...... some of those coyotes were called, bust most were spot & stalk. I’ve never had any issues with called coyotes and the fixed 10x, though I’ve always shot with both eyes open, so I’m sure that eliminates a lot of the issues with higher power glass and smaller fields of view.

Guy.... that’s one of my favorite pictures ever, and the single best day of coyote hunting I’ve ever experienced. Most of those dogs cane from just north of you.... which is the best coyote habitat on the planet. If I lived where you’re at... I’d certainly be a coyote hunting fool all winter long.... especially with the liberal night hunting regulations in WA.

Songdog":d1rmbtsd said:
especially with the liberal night hunting regulations in WA.

I didn't know we could hunt liberals at night! :mrgreen:

Ya, I really should do more 'yote hunting. There's a mess of 'em for sure.

Guy

Guy Miner":2wasxjxx said:
Songdog":2wasxjxx said:

Guy

Liberals are open year round... They are like pigs, just reproduce at an alarming pace and do nothing good for anyone. I hear they taste like crap to, so I guess calling them a pig is unfair to the pig. :lol:

SJB358":s7d26ia2 said:
Guy Miner":s7d26ia2 said:
Songdog":s7d26ia2 said:

Guy

Liberals are open year round... They are like pigs, just reproduce at an alarming pace and do nothing good for anyone. I hear they taste like crap to, so I guess calling them a pig is unfair to the pig. :lol:

Tell us how you really feel, Scotty.

DrMike":he8g1dkf said:
SJB358":he8g1dkf said:
Guy Miner":he8g1dkf said:
Songdog":he8g1dkf said:

Guy

Tell us how you really feel, Scotty.

LOL, he didn't hold back did he Dr Mike

Scotty, ---------EXACTLY !!!!! And I would say it to their face, if I am standing behind you!

my go to strictly for coyotes is my rem 700 vsf in .220 swift. probably my favorite rifle. a stiff load of imr 4064 and 55gr varmageddon's really puts the hurt on them!

leadchucker":316zsror said:
my go to strictly for coyotes is my rem 700 vsf in .220 swift. probably my favorite rifle. a stiff load of imr 4064 and 55gr varmageddon's really puts the hurt on them!

I'll bet it does! (y)

Though we have coyotes here we seldom see or here them but I give the ground hog population a hard time.
I use my 257 Bob I built just for them. Remington 725 action, 26" 1-12" twist Douglas XXX air gauge barrel bedded in the original factory Walnut stock.( yes April I have rifles with wood stocks and hunt with them ) :)>)
It will place 5 shoots into a 3/8" ragged hole at 100yds with 100gr bullets and everything else under a 1/2" at 100yds.

There was once upon a time that I only had one rifle and I hunted everything with my trusty ol’ 30-06. Then I up and got the rifle bug and that’s changed some. I love hunting coyotes and will use anything I’ve got handy, but somewhere along the line I scored a custom M70 Super Grade in 6mm Remington by Michael Scherz, a twin to that 280AI I sold a few back, and it has been my absolute favorite and pretty hard on the songdogs when we return home to NM.
V/R,
Joe

Scherz builds quite a rifle. I saved those photos of that 280 AI... Would have loved to add it to the inventory alongside my Scherz built 375... Sigh...

Guy

Wow. I’m late on this thread.

22-250 with a 40gn VMax. Drop on the spot every time... just a furry bag of broken bones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back