Custom Ruger No 1's

dmazur

Beginner
Feb 2, 2009
They are finished!

RugerNo1s.jpg

Free floated Pac Nor barrels (22"), Wenig laminated stocks w/ forearm bedded to action, 3# triggers, Pachmyer or Limbsaver pads, Gunkote, Leupold VXII 3-9X scopes. Weight right at 9 lbs.

Top one is .30-06 Sprg and bottom one is .243 Win, with a slightly heavier barrel profile.

I have to take these out and see what they can do.

Very nicely done and the look is good, I will be looking forward to your shooting results.

A couple of beautiful works of art. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Very sweet! What did the stocks set you back?

dmazur

Beautiful set of rifles! The Ruger No. 1 is a elegant looking rifle, those stocks just raised the bar for sure. :grin:

JD338

Pop -

I sent the rifles to Carolina Precision Rifles and the gunsmith worked from a list of specs we had agreed to, including the Pac-Nor barrels & contour, Wenig stock set, Gunkote, etc. The total was around $1500 per rifle.

I believe the stocks and fitting, bedding was around $500 of this.

(I inquired about custom quarter ribs and that alone would have doubled the cost, so they fitted the original ribs to the new barrel contours.)

All -

Thanks. 18 months wait, and it appears to have been worth it. The range will prove it, I hope. (The only interesting rifles are accurate rifles, is that how the quote goes?)

By the way, the 9 lb weight includes the scope. The laminated stock set is lighter than I thought it would be.

I am a big fan of the Ruger #1, laminated stocks & satin finishes. These are an absolutely beautiful pair :grin:

Back