Custom Shop REMINGTON

300RMEFshooter

Beginner
Jan 14, 2009
I just called my dealer to get a price on a Remington Custom Shop Model 700 AWR II in 338 RUM price is $3,088.00 :shock: :shock: looks like I'll get get a XCR

What is the price range you were looking for? I know the Rem Custom Shop North American models are cheaper that the AWR II, but they are still in the 2200 (blued) to 2400 (stainless) range. I, like you, would love to get a Rem custom but can't afford it. So I settled on a 338RUM XCR. You can also cutomize this yourself with a new trigger, stock and so on and still spend less money.

The only reason I like that gun over a XCR is the black matte finish on the barrel I like the protection of the XCR I just dont like the shinny finish I'm afraid of game seeing glare from it I sent my model 700 XCR in 300 WSM and got camo dipped to get rid of the glare

For about $200 or so you could have it cera-koted in any of numerous colors.

300RMEFshooter

You might want to consider having a custom built. I would suggest contacting Rob Canze, Williams Gun Sight in Davison, MI 810 653 2131.
Rob builds very accurate rifles at reasonable prices.
Tell Rob I sent you and he will take very good care of you.

BTW, the 338 RUM is an awesome caliber, its my favorite.

JD338

300RMEFshooter
I got the XCR in 338 RUM.
None of the elk I've taken with it have ever complained of the glare. It is silver but it is a greyish, muted silver that doesn't shine enough to matter unless you're sillouetted on a ridge in bright sunlight which is already too late.
I moved away from bright blued and shiney silver because of what I've seen from other hunter's rifle glare. It isn't that reflective and most elk killed are at pre-dawn and twilight. It's a great caliber in a light, well ballanced rifle that won't be affected by the weather. I put two weeks in Idaho snow and rain two years running challanging that ability. My titanium pistol's sights rusted but the rifle was perfect. I have two XCR's and They aren't the prettiest rifles I own but they go hunting with me every year because they're the most dependible. By the way 30 yards is the farthest I've had to track an elk with the 338 RUM. That's 50 yards less than with the 375 RUM.
Good Hunting
Elkhunt :grin:

Dont know if your interested but I know of a nib 300 and a 338 utra's shop APR is. $1500 each and may get a really good deal on both

Back