Dad gum that doggone Nosler! ;)

Guy was already using Nosler's when I was just 2 yrs past wearing diapers. I'd call him old but he could probably both beat me up, and outshoot me, so I'll keep my mouth shut. :mrgreen:

ShadeTree":3312avor said:
Guy was already using Nosler's when I was just 2 yrs past wearing diapers. I'd call him old but he could probably both beat me up, and outshoot me, so I'll keep my mouth shut. :mrgreen:

Laughing! I think my internet reputation is tougher than I am. :grin:

It is funny, how those years went by... Here I am, still young compared to many.

Somewhere in the loading/gun tinkering/fly tying room there's a partial box of 85 grain Nosler Partitions for my 6mm Remington, from the 1970's. I never finished loading and shooting that box as I went to heavier bullets for hunting with the 6mm.

Guy

Watching the development of this thread, I feel as if I'm in a time warp. All you young fellers make an ancient like myself go looking for my walker so I can at least watch you as you rush into the sunset. Good to see traditions continuing.

DrMike":2zr4wr8f said:
Watching the development of this thread, I feel as if I'm in a time warp. All you young fellers make an ancient like myself go looking for my walker so I can at least watch you as you rush into the sunset. Good to see traditions continuing.
Yep

I started reloading @ 14 , I'm 60 now

1st rifle I loaded for was 30-30 and 22-250

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Nimrod84":ac8h2yg1 said:
Thanks for the laugh Guy Miner.

That will do JD338, that will do. However... I dare say that the last cupboard looks just a tad bare...

That last cupboard of JD’s is just overflow parking. He’s all set for a little while /lifetime.

DrMike":tm4yjpxy said:

You better not be looking for a walker. All us young fellers as you put it, need something to aspire to. It aint over yet, not by a long shot.

ShadeTree":15wi6s25 said:
DrMike":15wi6s25 said:

You better not be looking for a walker. All us young fellers as you put it, need something to aspire to. It aint over yet, not by a long shot.

Absolutely!

Brinky72":15wi6s25 said:
That last cupboard of JD’s is just overflow parking. He’s all set for a little while /lifetime.

Overflow parking huh? I like it.

Noslers have done well for me. Use others as what is in the pantry but have had good results with them for sure. Dan.

wvbuckbuster":e9w1ruzt said:
Noslers have done well for me. Use others as what is in the pantry but have had good results with them for sure. Dan.

Well said Dan.

I just can’t ever leave well enough alone.

Dag Nabbit, the hunting guide would have been so upset that he would have to track and drag out a red stag out of the heavy brush that I shot into the center of the neck at 230 yards off a tripod standing up. I was so mad that the head almost was severed by that 120 grain Ballistic Tip shot out of a 6.5 Creedmoor at 3,025 fps!

My 1/3 inch 3 shot groups I made at 300 yards with 180 grain Ballistic Tips and Accubonds was so bad that I had to do another load development. It pisses me off that both bullets ( Ballistic Tip and AccuBond ) had the same POI at 300 yards that I cannot switch bullets when I switch from deer to nilgai when I hunt with my 300 Win Mag.

I had to track my bull nilgai 3 miles when I shot it in the chest with a 140 grain Nosler Partition with a 7 mm Magnum that destroyed the heart completely and the bullet wound up in the rear hams in a perfect mushroom. That is very bad expansion and penetration.

My buddy said I was a poor shooter when two hogs was shot in the ear at 250 yards with a 168 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip with a 308. I was not happy when the 168 Ballistic tip made a half dollar exit on all my deer that I had lost all my deer and could never be found.

Nosler bullets I have used is so far the best bullet that I have used in my lifetime hunting and the most used when hunting because its so dog gone accurate and deadly.

Maybe I should never buy Nosler bullets again!!!! :mrgreen:

DrMike":38fles4h said:

That’s not a Walker..... that’s a portable bench rest!

I’ve killed more critters with Nosler NBTs and Accubonds.... than all other bullets combined. From .22/40s to .375/260s..... and just about everything in between.

The only place Noslers have ever let me down..... is in the Ballistic Coefficient department.

I received my SPS order yesterday.
The supply of 308 180 gr BT Green Hornets should last a while. Sue shot up the last ones this past weekend at 200, 300, 400, 525 and 800 yards.
Thank you Nosler!

JD338

Attachments

• IMG_20210614_193326996.jpg
    IMG_20210614_193326996.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 302
  • IMG_20210615_112033729.jpg
    IMG_20210615_112033729.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 291
Good one Guy. I can not say all my hunting is with Nosler bullets. But all my Big Game hunting is with Nosler Bullets. My Varmint hunting I still like Sierra .243 85gr HPBT but when there gone I will not replace them.
I also like Hornady’s .224 53gr V-Max in my .223 Rem.

Back