Did you get mad????? Buy a rifle!

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
So I am hanging around my local gun shops where the sales "persons" are friends. My bud is talking to this guy on the phone and the only thing I get from the conversation is "no he will will not take 475. This is a consignment gun. The seller wants 500".
Evidently this did not result in a marriage.

I asked my bud what firearm they were referring to and he said a 308 Marlin Express in the MXLR rifle. Right away I was intrigued and asked him If I can see it and he pointed me to the rack of "used" on the showroom floor.

I freaked! The rifle is basically new, with bases, rings, a 3-9 scope, and 4.5 boxes of Hornady 160 gr flextip ammo!!!!!

I googled the gun because I know they were made but not a standard production item. 1250 to 2500 (yes) on various sites just the rifle. I thought how can people lowball so much???? :shock: :x :x :x :x

Now I do have a Marlin 30-30, 308 lever finnwolf, 30-06, 300 bee and 30-378 bee. I am thinking I have the 30 cal bases covered right?????

Well I bought the rifle on principle alone!!!!!!

Not crazy about a lever with a 24" tube but.............. might balance ok, who knows???

Well here she is.

BTW on the way out I saw a CZ 527 in 222 rem so I got it also! She is sitting next to her lil sister the 17 hornet! LOL

Shot the 222 yesterday ------ 3/4" group at 200 yards with federal blue ammo!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Attachments

• mar308mxalru728.jpg
    mar308mxalru728.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 1,880
  • 1933288_01_marlin_308mxlr_lever_action_ri_640.jpg
    1933288_01_marlin_308mxlr_lever_action_ri_640.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,880
  • 022.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg
    022.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,880
Wow! A couple of excellent rifles. You did very well, Fotis. Don't need a 308 Marlin Express, but I would be prepared to bring it home on principle. The 222? Definitely!

FOTIS":22eqrorv said:
I know I have RADD bad!!!!!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one buddy!!! Be hell on me if I had a good gun store close to me. They only sell new around here you might find 2-3 used.

I picked up a 300 Bee a few days ago.

I let a CZ 527 get away from me that had been setting on the gun rack for a long time and when I went back to ask about it it was gone.

Jake, if you happen to know of any one else looking for a 300Wby let me know I have a 300Wby Vanguard in a B&C Medalist stock with a Timney trigger very few rounds down the barrel for a reasonable price.

Fotis those are two nice rifles you picked up .

Film If I would have passed that Marlin up I would not have slept for a year!!!!

I might not sleep knowing you got the steal of the year...

I like you have many .30 caliber rifles but even if you don't keep it, you've got excellent trade material for less than half it is worth.

Good work!

Still pondering the 24" tube........... Not looking a gift horse in the mouth though!

Think I will use the 308 Marlin for deer next year

Get ready for xlr addiction. Only one is in my collection of levers, but I would jump at the chance to get the deal you did FOTIS.

Back