Differences in boxes of Noslers

Ian

Beginner
Oct 19, 2007
I just went to Cabella's and picked up a box of 180 grain .30 cal protected point partitions. There were two type of boxes, one all black and comparatively large, the other smaller and green. Both contain 50 bullets. I grabbed the smaller green box, since it was the only one that hadn't had the seal broken.

Now I am wondering what the difference is, older version, different manufacturing facility, .......?

If anyone knows, I would love to know.

Ian

I have never seen a green box of Nosler bullets. Can you post a picture of them?

JD338

I have never seen a Green box containing Nosler Bullets. Sierra's come in a green box with usually 100 per box.

I've never seen a green Nosler bullet box. Is it cardboard or plastic? I have a green plastic box of Sierra MKs. The only other boxes I've seen from Nosler are the white boxes that some Solid Bases came in. I know Nosler loads some premium BT (& I think PT) factory loads for Remington, which boxes their ammo in green. Maybe they were marketed like the Nosler/Winchester CTs bullets, except for Remington.

I think the E Tips are in a Green Olive Drab color box but this is a new product. The only other green I know of is BTs, black box with red and green label.

JD338

My error. I was braindead at that time in the morning. The box was gold, all the other boxes were black. The odd thing was that the gold box was a lot smaller than the black ones, though it still held 50 bullets.

Thoses sound like Combined Technologies box, with the gold in it. It was a combined effort between Nosler and Winchester to improve on the bullet somehow.

Corey

Back