Discontinued: IMR Enduron powders.

They weren't able to replace the Endurons that went bad, instead they offered 3 pounds of H1000 due to no availability from Hodgdon.
I wondered if they had more Enduron powders go back, and that could be the main reason. Just the conspiracy theorist in me....

I never got the chance to try any of those powders because i had a good inventory built up of IMR, Hodgdon and Reloder stuff. Kind of glad now i didn't since it's going away. I've had enough trouble over the years when finding a good load with a particular bullet only to see it discontinued i don't want to have to worry about that with the powder as well.

Monopolies have always been bad. Just see what is happening with Vista and their control of products

I do not feel very comfortable with Hodgdon holding the monopoly. I mean you can find shooter's choice and sometimes VV powder but still!
I agree. The only saving grace there is that Hodgdon is a distributor not a manufacturer if I'm not mistaken? If something were to happen, IMR( Not sure what the mfg name is), ADI, Olin and Western Powders could possibly sell direct or through a new distributor.

I liked IMR Green as well for pistol and cast rifle loads as it was $14 a pound. Too bad it's gone too.

Sure is a lot of sludge and turmoil in everyday life now. (Been on hold for hours today trying to get help from Equifax, they finally answered, in French).

Last edited:
I liked IMR Green as well for pistol and cast rifle loads as it was $14 a pound. Too bad it's gone too.

Sure is a lot of sludge and turmoil in everyday life now. (Been on hold for hours today trying to get help from Equifax, they finally answered, in French).

Ça Va.

I started to get into the Enduron series of powder with the unobtanium Varget but with this news and Varget starting to show up a little Im glad I didn't change horses in midstream

I didn’t leave my proven powders behind when Enduron hit. IMR 4198, 4831, and 7828 with Tubbdust has given “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” results. Looks like all IMR powders could go away.I have to say this situation infuriates me to no end.

Last edited:
I didn’t leave my proven powders behind when Enduron hit. IMR 4198, 4831, and 7828 with Tubbdust has given “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” results. Looks like all IMR powders could go away.I have to say this situation infuriates me to no end.

What's making you say all IMR powders? I hope that's not true!

Well that stinks. I have 5 or 6 lbs of 4451, but I have not really messed around with it much yet. I have 9 lbs of 4166 that my 416 Taylor loves with 300 tsx. That atleast should last me a good while in that cannon lol. I sure hope they don’t end up dropping some more IMR powders my 416 Remington loves 4064 and I ain’t found any of it in a good while.

Well that stinks. I have 5 or 6 lbs of 4451, but I have not really messed around with it much yet. I have 9 lbs of 4166 that my 416 Taylor loves with 300 tsx. That atleast should last me a good while in that cannon lol. I sure hope they don’t end up dropping some more IMR powders my 416 Remington loves 4064 and I ain’t found any of it in a good while.

I'm gonna try to keep my ear tuned to what's going on regarding IMR.........I know where there's a good bit of 4064 and 4350. I got enough for now if I can get more when I run out down the road, I don't have enough if it can't be gotten anymore.

That's terrible news. 4166 has given me very, very good results across a variety of loads and calibers. Even worse if the non-Enduron powders are gone, as well. 4064 is a staple of mine, as is 4198 for my 45-70. I have 4-5 lbs of 4198 on hand, and that will probably suffice because I don't shoot 45-70 all that much. But I've always been partial to IMR powders in my loading. Looks like I may have to change.

Given this, anyone have experience comparing Accurate 4064 to IMR, in the following calibers:

30-06
22-250
7-08

Alternatively, maybe moving to H4350 instead?

Dang Canucks!! Sorry, Dr. Mike.

That's terrible news. 4166 has given me very, very good results across a variety of loads and calibers. Even worse if the non-Enduron powders are gone, as well. 4064 is a staple of mine, as is 4198 for my 45-70. I have 4-5 lbs of 4198 on hand, and that will probably suffice because I don't shoot 45-70 all that much. But I've always been partial to IMR powders in my loading. Looks like I may have to change.

Given this, anyone have experience comparing Accurate 4064 to IMR, in the following calibers:

30-06
22-250
7-08

Alternatively, maybe moving to H4350 instead?

Dang Canucks!! Sorry, Dr. Mike.
The 6.5 Creedmoor crowd keeps the H4350 supply locked down pretty tight unfortunately. Works really good other places but it's the main staple for the creed...

The 6.5 Creedmoor crowd keeps the H4350 supply locked down pretty tight unfortunately. Works really good other places but it's the main staple for the creed...
I agree, I keep my H4350 only for the 6.5 Creed. It's like magic dust.

My statement about IMR is from a couple people that are in The industry, but they manufacture blasting powders And not sporting powders.
I hope IMR doesn’t fall by the wayside. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it stays viable. I don’t just use IMR powders but admit they are my favorite as far as consistency is concerned. My 4064 is running low, less than 4lbs. I’ll start watching for it.

Last edited:
Back