Do I really need this rifle.

Desert Fox said:
"I know the rifle will shoot. I'm used to high power scope and a 16 lbs rifle with less than a pound trigger pull. So shooting this 6 lbs rifle with 6.5lb trigger and a 6X scope making one hole 3 shot group got me so fired up. I know it's only 50 yards but it might as well 500 yards"

Kinda how I feel about shooting my 12 Ga slug gun. Except for the "ouch". Glad you are getting a kick out of it. Nice gift. good woman. Life is good. CL

I have fun equipping this rifle. I added vertical fore end grip and a tactical flashlight. Got me some 30 round Magpul mag. Illegal as heck in California but this rifle will be move to Nevada. I'm going to replace the stupid magazine release too.

It is looking pretty Skookum, Rommel. When does the move to NV take place?

Rifle looks nice and 5.56 mm is a great round. I bought a FN-16 SCAR 5.56mm last year and its a nice looking rifle as well. Just have not loaded up for it, only using the factory ammo. It would be great if you started handloading and shoot that baby and see what it can do. (y)

The AR with heavy 5.56 rounds can be surprising, even at long ranges. Lots of fun and inexpensive to ding steel out there a bit.

If you intend to use it primarily for shorter range varmint work, you are probably on the right track with 55 grain pills. For longer range, you will definitely want to consider the heavies. With a 75-77 grain bullet, these will run quite well to 600 yards.

You may have better results with BL-C2 with these heavier bullets. Mine ran fine with the 75 Hornady and BallC. Clean with little flash, but that was with a 20" barrel.

The trigger is easily upgraded, either to a NM 2 stage or various very fine single stage, depending on your preference.

My high power OTC load in a RRA 1:8 is LC brass, sorted by year, 23.5 gr Varget, SB primer seated to max mag length. It shoots better than me. Have also tried R15, 4064 and Ball C, all with similar results. Found Varget in quantity first so I geared up with that.

For dies, I use a Redding 2 die FL set (not small base) in a .223 Wylde service rifle chamber with zero feeding issues and fine accuracy. A collet die is not recommended for any semi-auto.

DrMike":2zg0t3hz said:
It is looking pretty Skookum, Rommel. When does the move to NV take place?
Probably not in another 4 years Dr Mike. Even that is not definite.

Back