Do you load for other people?

I have offered to load WITH someone else, but not for anyone else but me and my kids... Funny, but no one has taken me up on it yet :p

I don't want the liability

I've loaded for my dad, and brothers. I always shoot the loads first though to make sure they are accurate. I would never load for just anybody though. Way to easy for things to go south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had brothers, dad or gramps, uncle, cousins who shoots, then I would load for them and teach them the basics but I have two girls and they don't shoot due to university studies and my wife don't shoot like she used to. My dad, sisters and bro in laws don't shoot. So I am the only one in the family that shoots and hunts. Most of my uncles and cousins are out of state. I guess I have more time to reload for myself. Other than family, I would not load for anyone else unless they want to learn and I'll teach them the basics, but no one has asked except for a couple of friends who were brothers that wanted to see how I do it and I offered to teach them by asking them to bring their rifles so I can check chamber length, etc to find OAL, etc, but they did not want to bring them but wanted me to load a whole pound of powder for each of them. :roll: Some people want, want, want but won't want to learn or appreciate it when someone offers to teach them. I last reloaded for a few friends in the past, and they have downed lots of deer and hogs in excess of 400 yards and loved the ammo I made, but after I see how greed affects lots of people nowadays and its not worth the liability to load for anyone besides my close family.

Never loaded for anyone else. Will not, due to liability and taking blame when something goes wrong, like missing a deer. They can buy factory ammo then blame themselves for the problems.

Like mentioned in this thread, it takes time to develope any load and who has that kinda time when I
struggle to make time for my own?

I load for a couple of close friends. But they must loan me their rifle so I can work up the loads, Not really interested in doing it for "just anybody".

Back