Do you pack a handgun

Just run a bear out of the yard, not sure what kind it was. Bears can be a real pain, but thank god I don't have to deal with the gang bangers and the bleeding hearts that protect them. Both my wife and I have CCW, my wife packs all the time, I am never far away from a rifle while on the ranch, when we leave I always have a handgun in the truck but normaly I don't carry on my person in town. Then again around here it is the four legged critters that you have to worry more about. Have to admit the critter that scars me the most are Rattle Snakes. None right here but you don't have to travel far to find them. I would rather face a mad grizzly then step on a rattle snake.

Well,,,,,,,yes, considering I hunt with handguns more than rifles. Primarily the Encore with various barrels to match the intended game.

Dave

If I get out Monday or Tuesday, I'll have an elk tag in my pocket, a .500 S&W revolver in a shoulder holster for elk, and I'll really be hunting forest grouse with my .22 Marlin 39A.

Likely will only get grouse, but it would be a hoot to smack an elk with the .500 I think. Not real serious about getting one this year since I didn't draw the cow tag I wanted. Maybe next year!

Guy

yep- usually a ruger blackhawk 45 Colt with 290 gn cast bullets going 900fps when I'm hunting. if its warm I carry a couple of speer shot shell loaded w/ #12shot.

the rest of the year its a toss up what I carry- sig 229 40, 22 revolver, 44 mag, salmon fishing I keep a keltec p11 9mm in my pocket. I don't really care for the gun so I don't feel to bad when it gets soaked from chasing Springs down river.

RogueRiver":h7a0wz9b said:
yep- usually a ruger blackhawk 45 Colt with 290 gn cast bullets going 900fps when I'm hunting. if its warm I carry a couple of speer shot shell loaded w/ #12shot.

the rest of the year its a toss up what I carry- sig 229 40, 22 revolver, 44 mag, salmon fishing I keep a keltec p11 9mm in my pocket. I don't really care for the gun so I don't feel to bad when it gets soaked from chasing Springs down river.

Ah yes,,,, the snake load. When in snake country, I always carry the ADC .45-410 loaded with 7 1/2's
Dave

Back