Down to the LAST one

Teknys

Handloader
Jan 14, 2008
I'm selling my last toy, rest of the rifles are hunters. To finance another Swaro Z5 3.5-18x44 BT with 4W. The first is on a Sako 85 Finnlight and this one is going on a Sako 75 Finnlight. Close to matching pair. These two are in the woods 90% of the time.
The toy is a Savage Mod 12 VLP 300WSM with an HS-Precison stock and a Vortex Viper PST 6x24x50. I'll get around to selling it after I'm done hunting this season. I just didn't get out like I thought I was going to. Grandkids take up a lot of time, some of it shooting though.

Very pleased with the first Swaro Z5. I just wasn't going to be happy with a less clear scope on the other Finnlight. What cinched it was during this hunting season comparing the Z5 against VX3 and a Vortex Viper.

Oldtrader3":14ghpo1o said:
Premium glass will cut down on the number of rifles that you can afford as well!
Oh so true.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Reducing qty to suporrt quality. Was happy with any and all of it but the with aging eyes the differences really stand out.

Amen to that concept. DrMike and I are the poster children for why seniors need good optics.

I am afraid to look through a scope like that. I can't afford to know what I'm missing!

RiverRider":2l5frmpc said:
I am afraid to look through a scope like that. I can't afford to know what I'm missing!

Very good, RR! :lol: It can ruin a budget.

I used to own about (20) rifles, nearly all with an optic of some sort. Now that I am over 70 years old, because I have a growth on my retina and just from old age, I have to have reasonably good optics or they just don't work for me.

This is why I was so upset with paying over $500 for that 2-10x40 Minox ZA5 scope which I could not see through because of poor optical design! Presently, I have (6) rifles which require an optic but all of my optics are Leupold VX3 or better for rim fires and Kahles, Zeiss Conquests or better for most center fires or any rifle that I will use at 200 yards or more. Plus, I will be reducing that current number of rifles by (2) down to (4) soon. This because I don't hunt much anymore due to health.

Overall, the amount of spending for my guns and scope is about the same total. It is the distribution and grade of rifles and optics that has changed. I have morphed my collection to fewer, higher quality rifles and scopes.

I've been thinking of going down a parallel path, Charlie. Maybe just three otr four really nice rifles instead of a safe full of rifles I forget I have.

I have reached the point where I have (6) sure thing MOA rifles to at least 300 yards. This with a spread from .204 Ruger to 9.3x74R. That is really about all I need.

Back