Drew a cow moose tag!!!

He has been using standing sticks for years now. This is him from almost two years ago . I imagine that it is most likely either shooting off sticks or supported by a tree that he will most likely be shooting.
54c86fc509ca370f9c8e12a342c9c168.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, gee, I hope Saskboy or Gerry don't see this. They are insufferable when they witness another leftie shooting. :roll: Bear, he looks as if he is handling that rifle on the sticks quite well. He'll do fine when you find the cow you're looking for. (y)

Another lefty!
Finally, the number of right brained people is increasing. :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

DrMike":3df0vnus said:
Ah, gee, I hope Saskboy or Gerry don't see this. They are insufferable when they witness another leftie shooting. :roll: Bear, he looks as if he is handling that rifle on the sticks quite well. He'll do fine when you find the cow you're looking for. (y)

Looks like a fine lad...........

Hope he bags a nice fat cow moose this fall

From that photo I can see that the Lad has all kinds of potential (y). That Moose is already very nervous.
Good luck on your hunt.

Blessings,
Dan

Congrats on the moose tag. What draw hunt did you get? I haven't got a moose tag in a long time and never got a cow tag. I did get my unit 13 caribou tag though and am looking forward to that hunt.

DM211, 20 mile placer valley. Its a nice close hunt for us since we live in anchorage. I have been on several successful hunts in this drainage with friends and their families so I’m pretty familiar with the area.

Jealous. I've been putting in for that and 210 for a decade. Oh well, always next year. Good luck on your hunt and be careful. 20 Mile can be a dangerous river for sure.

Probably going to run up placer. It's a very shallow river but if you launch with the tide in a small flatbottom boat you can usually get back in there.

We have a buddy with a plane and fly a few scouting trips before we head out to get a feel for where the moose are.

I'd be better off with an airboat but the one I have access to is too big, a small 12-14' airboat would be ideal.

Got an unsuspected but much appreciated email from fish and game! They have decided to offer some addition DM413 moose tags and either my son or wife have also drawn a tag. I'm not sure which one because I used my email for all three of our draws and the email said congratulations hunter and not a specific name.

If it's my son then I will fill my own cow tag, if it is my wife I'll let my son fill my tag and she can fill her own. Either way there could be possibly two "first" moose in the household this year.

I'm more excited by them getting s chance at thier first big game animals than I would have been for any tag I might draw.

Great News, 2 moose, that is what you call a make work project!! Lol. My Dad , BIL and I had our draws messed up one year and instead of being spaced out we all hit the draw the same year. Well after skinning and dressing, deboning , and cut a wrapping 3 animals we gave up on hunting anything else that year... We had a joke about passing up on B&C sized deer because no one would skin it... Good luck.

Congratulations to your family on this good fortune. Nothing wrong with that. Should be a good fall for you.

Holy cow, two moose, need the tide to get in and out in a small boat, that sounds like a great adventure.

That will sure help fill a deep freeze or two. Also will be a great family hunt!!!
Good luck this fall and I sure hope there will be many photos and a story or two as well.

Blessings,
Dan

These are two separate hunt units, my tag will be the boat based hunt during the regular season, the other is a late season hunt NOV 1-DEC 25 that covers most of the matsu valley. The late hunt has a lot of easy access either Atv or off road system

Back