E TIP MOOSE.

7 STW

Beginner
Apr 18, 2006
300 Win Mag 150gr E Tip.By myself so got beer to drink pretty tired....YES AT HOME......
Picture364.jpg
[/img]

Picture366.jpg
Picture368.jpg
[/img]

Picture369.jpg

7 STW

Awesome! Congratulations on your moose. He should be very tasty.

JD338

That is great brother but give us the scoop. Range, velocity, expansion, penetration load, accuracy+++++++

Congrats!

Wow! Pretty impressive for a little ol' 150 grain bullet!

Zippy velocity from that .300 maggie?

POP":1wxpehog said:
That is great brother but give us the scoop. Range, velocity, expansion, penetration load, accuracy+++++++

Congrats!

Thanks Everyone

Well POP here's the scoop...Shot the moose 250yds on that ridge..He was with a bigger bull 45 inch plus I'd reckon.One shot in the rib cage took out both lungs and exited..The barrels I use are 26 inch S/S RKS Gain Twist and those guys seem to like the lighter bullets...As for accuracy the E Tips are awesome they shoot better than me...One deer and moose with them and I'm a believer...They will be the only bullet that 300 will see.I'm sold on their performance. GREAT JOB TO THE BOYS AT NOSLER.

The load..300 Win mag 150gr E Tip.
C.O.A.L=3.340
Win case's
CCI 250 Mag primer
H-4350.............75 Grains on the button..

Excellent, man I wish I had seen one just like him this year! Congrats on a full freezer!

Forgot one detail POP..The scope on the rifle is a 12 year old matte Loopy Var-X ll 3-9-40mm.Put a new 3.5-10 VX 3 on my STW this year but wanted to harvest some game with the new E Tip.A new bullet always beats out a new scope...

Mike,

Damn fine moose! Looks like the new E-Tips did GOOD :grin: I loaded some up for my old 280Rem with RL22 and my Taxidermist just shot a 5x6 elk with it.......

randy...

Thanks Randy...
Yup I'm very happy with the whole E Tip bullet..Accuracy and performance is great..Congrats to your friend on the elk...And to the loader of course.

7 STW":2g82492n said:
Forgot one detail POP..The scope on the rifle is a 12 year old matte Loopy Var-X ll 3-9-40mm.Put a new 3.5-10 VX 3 on my STW this year but wanted to harvest some game with the new E Tip.A new bullet always beats out a new scope...

Good optics 7.

Back