E-Tip on Deer

Savage99":hnx7zbto said:
To all,

There is data that says soft bullets stop deer faster than hard bullets.

You have a valid point or at least it may seem that way. That is why I am testing the 150gr E-Tip to see if it will shoot accurately in my 30-06 so I can compare it with my favorite deer bullet which is the Sierra 165gr HPBT Game King.

I have killed 32 deer with the 165gr Sierra HPBT, the shortest shot being 60yrds and the farthest being 230yds. All these were white tail deer in Mississippi. All one shot kills and all dropped in their tracks except one deer and it seemed he only took three steps and fell down.

I have also killed one black bear with this bullet and it was at 90yds out of my 30-06 Ackley IMP and it took his heart and lungs out the other side and left a tennis ball hole on the exit side. The bear leaped in the air and when he hit the ground he rolled down the side of the hill.

Out of my 30-06 Kimber 8400 two large Russian Boar the largest was 350 pounds and it passed out the other side and the smallest was 221 pounds and it also passed out the other side. Both boars fell where they were shot.

I said all of this to support the fact that it is possible that you are right about softer bullets maybe stopping deer size game faster. I will put this to the test this year if the E-Tips shoot accurately out of my 06.

7 STW":2oiac8un said:
This mornings E Tip on a pepperoni deer.150gr ...
Picture357.jpg

Congrats. on your Etip pepperoni buck, STW!
:grin:

Actually the blood on the deer is from rolling him over for the pic..The deer was bouncing away when I shot and he was hit high in the lungs..Not much waste but the deer was 300 yds away so bullet slowed some..

Also the rifle used was a 300 Win and the 150gr E Tip..Didn't fully read your post JD...Thanks for all comments and here's to a safe sucessful season....Next up bull moose...Will be using the 7mm for those hunts...

7 STW,

Sorry, I was thinking 7 STW and missed that it was a 300 Win Mag.
Congratulations gain on your E-Tip buck.

JD338

Back