E-tip w/o grooves?

orchemo

Handloader
Dec 13, 2006
Listening to the Hornady folks and reading the Barnes data, the relief rings on their mono bullets reduces barrel cooper fouling.

What has Nosler done with their E-tips that they don't need relief rings.?

Thanks

Listening to the Hornady folks and reading the Barnes data, the relief rings on their mono bullets reduces barrel cooper fouling.

What has Nosler done with their E-tips that they don't need relief rings.?

Thanks
They say it is a copper alloy, so I would guess it is the material itself. But I hope someone with actuall knowledge will chime in

The original E-Tip design did not have groves and mid level powder charges were considered max loads.
The past several years Nosler has cut a band on the shank of the E-Tip to reduce bearing surface. This results in lower pressure.
As for fouling, I haven't noticed any difference from the E-Tip vs. AB in my 375.

JD338

The original E-Tip design did not have groves and mid level powder charges were considered max loads.
The past several years Nosler has cut a band on the shank of the E-Tip to reduce bearing surface. This results in lower pressure.
As for fouling, I haven't noticed any difference from the E-Tip vs. AB in my 375.

JD338
Thanks Jim! Was wondering about that!.
I know Dr Mike has had tremendous success with etips in his WSM’s and I was considering avoiding lead in my game loads.. just to avoid some risk of lead ingestion.

JD - How right you are. My e-tips are a few years old. I looked at the F-tips (not typing error) that I bought at SPS last summer. They are 7mm 152 gr with a black tip and they have a relief band.

The SPS guy said the F-tips were for a major ammo manufacture.....wonder who that would be....but same bullet as 150 E-tip

Back