Each called in one last weekend

rhino8888

Beginner
Feb 9, 2006
both my brother and law and I called in one last weekend. I actually called two but only got one. both came in first hour of daylight, came hard to the jack distress. Also had a couple long shots that were missed. all in all a good start to the season on our first outing. Two kills four tries!

jeffyote1106.jpg

jeffscottyote1106.jpg

Cool! What did you shoot them with,bullet used, ranges?? Where you located out of Oregon? I'm from Hermiston and my dad and I coyote hunt quite a bit. I went out last week with a buddy of mine and we called in 2 and shot 1. We also snuck up on 1 and shot him as well. Nothing better then coyotes running in thinking there gettin an easy meal. I would ahve to say its one good adrenaline rush for sure. Congrats![/code]

rhino8888

Contratulations on your coyote hunt.
Give us the G2 on the equipment used on the hunt. :grin:

JD338

I use a browning heavy stainless barrel 243 loaded with 55gr NP. My shot was about 30 yards. Missed another (choke) at about 75. Missed two others in the 350-400 range (I'll accept those misses). Other was taken with a 22-250 at about 25 yards.
I was set up along a fenceline with my caller 25yds out in a grass field. started callng right at light 2-3 minutes yote howler followed by jack distress. First came bounding out of the tall grass within seconds of distress. Kept calling and about 5 minutes later another showed but stopped coming at about 75 yards. missed a running shot I should hit.
came accross two other later in the morning walkning back to the truck.

What kind of caller are you using? I have a Foxpro 416B w/ TX5 Remote.

JD338

459088.BMP

First attempt at posting a pic
55grn BlitzKing ( sorry, no noslers out of this round )
N-140 powder right at aprox 100yrds with a 22-250

459088.jpg

Powerstroke - is this your 'yote photo? Just change the "BMP" to "jpg" and it works!

Nasty head shot! :shock:

Guy,

I appreciate that !
I've been getting pretty much consistant results such as that across the board with the BlitzKings. I shoot B-tips out of everything else I own, but have never been able to achieve those results with them.

Back