Electronic Scales

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
I love my old RCBS 10-10 beam scale but I need an electronic scale to do some other work like get the H2O capacity of my cases. Who makes the most reliable scale. I'm not looking for a powder dispensing unit just a scale.

I don't know about the most reliable but I've had very good luck with this one and in fact, used it a lot until I got the RCBS Charge Master. I still use it and it's still accurate. For the price, you'd be hard pressed to find anything better. the only time it read flakey and I knew it, was when the battery was getting low. Replaced them, checked the calibration afterwards and all was well as before.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/175512 ... n-capacity

I realize you've said you're not interested in a dispenser, BUT...what makes the RCBS Chargemaster such a great product IS the scale, which is available separately.

Rodger , i have been using the chargemaster since 2007. Never once had a problem .Lee

I use the ISD Smart Reloder and it's been excellent. I think they are still available for 160 at Natchez. Pretty awesome unit. It's hard to get all the way away from scales but these units really do make the transition easier.

if you are looking at a very nice high quality scale you need to look at the A&D FX120i . I bought one about a year ago , I'm well pleased . yes , I would buy it again . there is a big difference between a magnetic force and a strain gauge type scale . the FX120i is a magnetic force . here is a link that has some good info , and also a youtube video showing the differences between these scales . I have not heard anyone not satisfied with these scales .

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/index. ... ;topicseen

SJB358":2879b68l said:
I use the ISD Smart Reloder and it's been excellent. I think they are still available for 160 at Natchez. Pretty awesome unit. It's hard to get all the way away from scales but these units really do make the transition easier.
Just checked and they are on sale.

I have been using mine for a few years now. I calibrate it when I start to load, leave it powered on all the time and it's been flawless. With the electronic scales, I think leaving them powered on if you do any amount of regular loading minimizes the amount of warm up time needed. Works for me.

With the Charge Master I don't leave it plugged in all the time but rather only when I intend on using it. I'll let it "warm up" for about 20 minutes, calibrate and zero and it's good to go. I don't know if that warm up period is necessary but you get into habits.

ColColt":3cugpvor said:
With the Charge Master I don't leave it plugged in all the time but rather only when I intend on using it. I'll let it "warm up" for about 20 minutes, calibrate and zero and it's good to go. I don't know if that warm up period is necessary but you get into habits.
I don't think is necessary either. But the way you do it has been working for me since 2007.Lee

ColColt":5dxzdwuv said:

I use the same scale and same method and nary an issue to be had.

One aspect about the Charge Master I like, if you'll pay attention, is that it will let you know if there's an overcharge by an arrow pointing to that problem. Usually, it's no more than .2 gr but it's good to know. Likewise, the same for under charge. Then, you can make concession for those errors.

Check out the Gem Pro 250 scale. It's very accurate. Also, check out the reviews online.

Back