Evening paddle

Slimfinn

Handloader
Nov 28, 2018
Well family was out of town today so on the way home from work i was thinking range trip or lake trip. Decided it was too hot and didn't need to try any new hunting loads at temps 40 to 60 degrees warmer then they would be hunted at. So the lake it was!
I bought myself a new solo canoe a few weeks ago and this was the 3rd time I've had it in the water. It is a dream to paddle, responsive, smooth, lightweight, quite a bit different than the tandem i bought 25+ years ago.
It was a beautiful evening, wasn't out long maybe 90 minutes but so relaxing, paddle a while then just drift, watching the trout rising, ducks and ducklings swimming around. People paddleboarding, couple other canoes, a kayak or 2, and a few fishing. Next time I'll take my pole with me but still getting a feel for how the boat handles not as stable as the ole tandem, forgot the ziploc for the phone this time so was a bit nervous. It was a near perfect evening,20220811_190035.jpg

Attachments

• 20220811_193713.jpg
    20220811_193713.jpg
    595.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220811_183346.jpg
    20220811_183346.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 7
Definitely can be pleasant to do a float on a beautiful lake. Great picture.

If I went in the morning or on a cold day there is a chance to see goats, but I'm sure they are on the other side or hiding in the shade on these hot afternoons

Well family was out of town today so on the way home from work i was thinking range trip or lake trip. Decided it was too hot and didn't need to try any new hunting loads at temps 40 to 60 degrees warmer then they would be hunted at. So the lake it was!
I bought myself a new solo canoe a few weeks ago and this was the 3rd time I've had it in the water. It is a dream to paddle, responsive, smooth, lightweight, quite a bit different than the tandem i bought 25+ years ago.
It was a beautiful evening, wasn't out long maybe 90 minutes but so relaxing, paddle a while then just drift, watching the trout rising, ducks and ducklings swimming around. People paddleboarding, couple other canoes, a kayak or 2, and a few fishing. Next time I'll take my pole with me but still getting a feel for how the boat handles not as stable as the ole tandem, forgot the ziploc for the phone this time so was a bit nervous. It was a near perfect evening,View attachment 17379
That looks quit peaceful.
Grew up on a farm turning dirt , not a fan of water. Although years back I did do some ice fishing but the water was hard😁

Back