Factory Blemish Bullet Sale

atmoshpere

Beginner
Jun 8, 2011
FYI...

Midway is having a sale on factory blemished bullets. If you can't find what you're looking for at SPS you might check here:

http://www.midwayusa.com/Promotion/...omepage Features-_-Swing Bottom-_-BlemBullets

They have a huge variety but they are kinda vague on who the actual manufacturer is. Most look like hornady to me based on weight and bullet style. They have a disclaimer stating that the picture shown may not be of the actual bullet listed blah blah blah. The only 162 gr .284 cal match bullet with a polymer tip that i know of is the Hornady A-Max, and i read on another site where someone ordered them and A-Maxes are what he got. Gotta read the description for each bullet.

Again, just FYI...might be worth getting some cheap load development, plinking, bbl break in etc. bullets.

atm

They are Hornady's. I ordered several 140gr .277's and 95gr .243's thinking they may be Noslers. When they came in, they all had red tips.

Yip they're all red box. I was too slow on the draw and missed out on 100 gr Interlocks for $11/100 :(

I like Noslers plenty, but my rifles sure seem to love them some Hornadys!

I just picked up some 200gr .358 blemished bullets. They claim to be poly-tipped but since Nosler stopped producing the BTs in .358, I'm clueless as to what they are. A box of blemished TSXs would be a nice surprise!

I'm expecting to see Hornady 200gr Spire points in the package.

PS - finally bought the Midway range bag that I've had on my wish list for 10 yrs or so.

CsC- I betcha they're the spongy-pointed bullets that they run in .35 Rem LeverEvolution ammo!

efw":e8dy2ra1 said:
CsC- I betcha they're the spongy-pointed bullets that they run in .35 Rem LeverEvolution ammo!

Ugh....didn't think of that option. I think they will be too soft outta a 358Win. Range fodder or trade material I guess.

I bet you're correct.

What were you going to shoot them into? Deer or something bigger?

Who knows... you may want to run 'em into some milk jugs before coming to any conclusions. I've noticed that those threads are quite a hit around here, and I for one enjoy the education!

CsC,

The 200 grain FTX will work very well in your 358 Win. I wouldn't hesitate to use them. In fact, I have used them in my .356.

I'll give em a shake. I can try some light loads and they'll be fine for the woods hunting for Whitetails and Blackies here in the east.

I see my disappointment got to me when I posted earlier. :cry:

CatskillCrawler":36qfygzi said:
I'll give em a shake. I can try some light loads and they'll be fine for the woods hunting for Whitetails and Blackies here in the east.

I see my disappointment got to me when I posted earlier. :cry:

I agree with the others. Load em up to around 2500 or so and put them into some jugs and lets see what they are made of. Might be a hot ticket in the 358. I haven't messed with the FTX's but the regular Spire Points run pretty decent out of my rifle. Scotty

CsC,

Think Hornady SP. I know that I've used the 250 grain Hornady SP in my .358 BLR to drop a bison, and the bullet worked quite well. At least, the bison thought it worked quite well. The 200 grain FTX is similarly constructed. For that reason, I'm not terribly concerned about terminal performance at the velocities generated in either my .356 or my .358.

The .358 200gr poly-tipped blemished bullets arrived today. They are the Hornady FTX bullets. Like all the blems I've bought before, they look fine. Gonna try them over some Varget if the Rem 200gr CL-PSP I currently have loaded work well in front of Varget. As mentioned, they should be fine at ~2500fps on medium game.

Have not been able to find a 200gr bullet load that tickled me yet with this BLR.

Back