Favourite Rifles, Cartridges

c. schutte":31hvmy0w said:
She is only good at one thing; and she can do that one thing to herself as far as I am concerned.

Well, it can't be singing! Caterwauling, perhaps? I dunno, maybe use her as coyote bait?

DrMike":12sovm7k said:
c. schutte":12sovm7k said:
She is only good at one thing; and she can do that one thing to herself as far as I am concerned.

Well, it can't be singing! Caterwauling, perhaps? I dunno, maybe use her as coyote bait?

LOL

Dr Mike, I have printed out your comment and sent it to my dad as he can not stand her.

Apologizes to Gil as we have taken his thread a little of course.

And to that end ---Gil, I certainly can not disagree with your thinking. The 9.3 x 62 in the Bavarian would not just work for you but would look good as well. In regards to the Swede, I think you fellows all shoot further distances than we do. I would bet that at least 90 and possibly 95 % of all my shots have been under 250 yards and in most cases considerably under.

Best Regards

Jamila

Gil doesn't mind if a thread goes off course. I mean, after all, he does hunt with me. :lol:

hunternyny":3qhf1yxc said:
sorry Jamila, we dont want her !!!!!!!!

Charles, that is great news. Is the Elk hunt in Colorado with an old friend perhaps? Best of luck!

2017 elk hunt will be with the .340 wby that you know of. :>)

We are also planning a trip in 2018 with my brother and three of our closest friends. My brother "Myles" and I will be hunting together so he will have first shot and will most likely use the 9.3x64. I also plan on using it for that hunt so it might account for two bulls on that trip if we are lucky.

And yes, North West Colorado. Hard not to like that state, it's been very good to me.

I definitely do not mind the thread straying off-line, as it brings about some very interesting dialogue, and not to mention some good laughs and good natured teasing amongst friends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamila, I can still count on one hand the number of animals that I have harvested at 300 yards or more, of which only one was over 400 yards, and that was due to an error in estimating the range on my part. If I counted all the game taken over 200 yards over the years, I would not get to a dozen.

hunternyny":3k84eek7 said:
sorry Jamila, we dont want her !!!!!!!!
And if she does come back she may be seeing some prison time since she stated she wants to blow up the president.

My favorite rifle and cartridge is my trusty 270 win. It has killed a bunch of mule deer, few elk, moose, antelope, black bear, and coyotes. Built on a FN Winchester 70 Supergrade action, 24.75" Shilen SS #3 barrel, McMillan Edge classic stock, Timney trigger, Talleys, and Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40...Really loves 129 Barnes LRX bullets at 3100 FPS.

Attachments

• 270win.jpg
    270win.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,344
Blkram":399m8h80 said:
Jamila, I can still count on one hand the number of animals that I have harvested at 300 yards or more, of which only one was over 400 yards, and that was due to an error in estimating the range on my part. If I counted all the game taken over 200 yards over the years, I would not get to a dozen.

Jamila, I should also remind you that Gil is a very proficient bow hunter and has taken different species with a bow. Bow hunting teaches you patience and stalking skills beyond what is needed when rifle hunting. I can only wish that I someday could be the bow hunter that Gil is--and I am serious, he is very good..

My biggest fault is I am young an impatient, hopefully that will correct itself with age

Now, Cheyenne, you need to know there are some really goofy animals around here. It isn't so much that Gil is a proficient bow hunter, but that the animals are so goofy at times. Now, his wife Susan, that is a different story. Don't let him sell you that story that he is a Canadian champion bow hunter and that he is going to the worlds this year. You don't have to sneak up on those targets. :mrgreen:

7.82 Warbird is my favorite hunting rifle
23444b9d4f95504a59f98f2c64b829a9.jpg

6.5 SAUM/6.5 Creedmoor/.338 Norma Magnum AI for all around Shooting
e62c13c03a50770f2177827c61c9aa2c.jpg

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Cheyenne, I have had the privileged of actually being in the company of Blkram & DrMike on a couple of different occasions I believe that those two could start their own sitcom it could be called the Canadian version of the Odd Couple :mrgreen:.
I am not sure if you are old enough to remember the TV show called the Odd Couple with Walter Mathau & Jack Lemon but like the TV show you are not sure what is going to come out of their mouths next :lol:.
I know somewhere in their bantering there is some truth but it does take sometime to find it :wink:.
However I want everyone to know that I would hunt with them without question everytime I was invited (y).

Blessings,
Dan

DrMike":yx5spnhd said:
Now, Cheyenne, you need to know there are some really goofy animals around here. It isn't so much that Gil is a proficient bow hunter, but that the animals are so goofy at times. Now, his wife Susan, that is a different story. Don't let him sell you that story that he is a Canadian champion bow hunter and that he is going to the worlds this year. You don't have to sneak up on those targets. :mrgreen:

Nicely done LOL

Dan ( sask boy )

I hunt or I dont eat, I work to buy the equipment so I can hunt to eat, I take care of a husband, grandfather, and a dozen dogs, who has time to watch tv ???

Someone gave me a tape of a sitcom called the big bang theory two years ago and I still have not watched that one. Anyway those two fellows you mentioned were they from the same era as the girl we were discussing earlier ( Bridgette Bardot ), if so, no I was not yet a twinkle in my days eye at that time.

Dr Mike, Gil, Dan--I will share this with you. A couple of years ago we were bow hunting and my husband said --" you would have more luck if you took the arrow and just ran up to the animal and stuck it in him"--- I would have gotten mad at him if there had not been some truth to the statement

Well, if I can limp up to an animal, I might count coup! Don't expect me to "run up" to anything. Heck, I even have trouble running up to my wife! And I really like her.

DrMike":qde8q18v said:
Well, if I can limp up to an animal, I might count coup! Don't expect me to "run up" to anything. Heck, I even have trouble running up to my wife! And I really like her.

I keep praying that you will wake up one morning and have knees like you did as a teenager, if my prayers are ever answered I bet your wife will be surprised when you RUN up to her

waveslayer":2zgk5l8f said:

Holy cow. What are the specs on that warbird? It's beautiful.

I read the last part of this thread to my wife Susan tonight and she laughed so hard! And kept saying, "My God, that is so true!!!"

I'm telling ya, Cheyenne, if it weren't for me being along so the lad could borrow a rifle from me, Gil might never bring an animal home! :shock: Don't let him tell you otherwise.

It's always good to hunt with Gil; we do have a lot of fun. When it is time to shoot, things get serious very quickly. Now, to get this thread back on track. My favourite rifle is the one I'm handling at any given moment in time.

fightthenoise":3t1ns82a said:
waveslayer":3t1ns82a said:

Holy cow. What are the specs on that warbird? It's beautiful.
Well my man. Dane Miller in Vegas did all the work. I just supplied the Proof barrel in a Sendero contour. Defiance action, base mount, and bottom metals. Plus the stock from Manners.

It shoots nice little bug holes. In that pick I had to borrow a scope because my Swarovski wasn't in yet. I put an X5 on it. I love Shooting it. I'm getting 3117 using the ELD-X in 212gr. Bullet.

And my wife still thinks I only have 3 guns

Blkram":2fhgrla5 said:
I read the last part of this thread to my wife Susan tonight and she laughed so hard! And kept saying, "My God, that is so true!!!"
That's classic. My wife asked for the safe combo the other day.. I opened it and she said... "you have more guns!" I said, "no, there's less"

I bought a second safe! Lol

Back