Finally got my first Ruger #1

HAWKEYESATX":2jeryf3t said:
That's extremely respectable groups for a heavy game, dangerous big game rifle.
No one can say the #1's aren't accurate! You've got the proof right there.
Between you and Guy, you both have gorgeous #1's, and they are deadly accurate.
Maybe you both could book an African Safari together. You both would bring home amazing photos and stories of what your hunts were like in Africa.
Congratulations on your new rifle!

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk
Thanks! And I'm sure that would be a great trip.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This will end up being my deer load this year. IMR 4166 is easily available in my area, and RL15 is impossible to find. 81.5 gr gave me 2712 fps and plenty of accuracy. It gives up quite a bit of speed to RL15, but I believe this load will do just fine on those whitetail.
75b60b29ce2a1f15365fbf77d1c5f18d.jpg

Can't see a whitetail withstanding one of those bullets launched at that velocity. You're in great shape.

Wow. I can’t wait to see that picture and read about the blood trail, if there is one.

With RL15 i got up to 2874 fps. With good accuracy around 2830 fps. I ran out of RL15, but honestly those loads were a bit rough off the bench lol. 2700 fps is far easier to tolerate on my shoulder.

DrMike":dc5glin3 said:
salmonchaser":dc5glin3 said:
I finally just scored my third one, a .275 Rigby. It’ll arrive while I’m hunting in Montana.
Welcome to the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a neat cartridge. That'll be a true prize!
Picked her up this evening
48769427984bf76ab56ba52ae66d3cd4.jpg

Such a beautiful and classy rifle! Some day I'd like to have a single shot. Of course, not THAT big! :grin: Very nice...CL

Nice rifle! I am kinda jealous :) I've been toying around with getting a M700 in a 416 Rem Mag for a timber elk/bear rifle. 400g NP at 2500fps would absolutely flatten elk and bears lol...And I'm sure it would kill a little 150# whitetail just fine too :)

salmonchaser":2i2q8moz said:
DrMike":2i2q8moz said:
salmonchaser":2i2q8moz said:
I finally just scored my third one, a .275 Rigby. It’ll arrive while I’m hunting in Montana.
Welcome to the club.

Great looking rifle!

Wow is right! Love that well - marked straight grain.

I probably won't get any more, the 7mm & 375 seem to have things covered for me.

Guy

salmonchaser":1xy4no0w said:
DrMike":1xy4no0w said:
salmonchaser":1xy4no0w said:
Welcome to the club.

Wow

Cleveland48":2aegeryu said:
With RL15 i got up to 2874 fps. With good accuracy around 2830 fps. I ran out of RL15, but honestly those loads were a bit rough off the bench lol. 2700 fps is far easier to tolerate on my shoulder.

I have a pound of Reloder 15 available...if we had a way to get it to you from Iowa.
Duane

Gun nut":2npk2dqx said:
Cleveland48":2npk2dqx said:

I have a pound of Reloder 15 available...if we had a way to get it to you from Iowa.
Duane
Thanks! I've managed to get several pounds of IMR4166, so I'm pretty good for now, but I appreciate it.

Back