Finally recovered a barnes 120 TTSX in the 6.5 CM!

I've never used the TTSX on game. However, I used quite a few TSX on moose, elk and mule deer. They always worked well for me. I never lost an animal and I recovered very few bullets. I always had good luck getting various rifles to shoot well with both the TSX and the TTSX after they were marketed.

DrMike":1l2jfgoz said:
I've never used the TTSX on game. However, I used quite a few TSX on moose, elk and mule deer. They always worked well for me. I never lost an animal and I recovered very few bullets. I always had good luck getting various rifles to shoot well with both the TSX and the TTSX after they were marketed.
These have been very accurate for me also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TackDriver284":387q1ggy said:
Surprised to see that the TTSX open at a modest velocity. What was the velocity if i may ask?
These were 2920 fps muzzle velocity.

That is a very nice WT buck and the bullet performance could not be much better :wink: so I would say you had a excellent day (y).
Thank you for the photos and post.

Blessings,
Dan

Good buck Cleveland! Way to go! Couple questions though........first where's your snow?? :?: :)

Second, I'm curious as to why you didn't field dress him if you had a long drag? I've occasionally left them full weight on the rare occasion I have a short drag downhill and I wanted to check live weight, but beyond that I'm anti extra work. Ha.

ShadeTree":3d0vfh1b said:
Good buck Cleveland! Way to go! Couple questions though........first where's your snow?? :?: :)

Second, I'm curious as to why you didn't field dress him if you had a long drag? I've occasionally left them full weight on the rare occasion I have a short drag downhill and I wanted to check live weight, but beyond that I'm anti extra work. Ha.
Good question on the field dressing lol. Was planning on getting his weight but once we got home we could not find the scales, so I just dropped him off at the processor. And snow? We hardly ever get snow here lol. Although Monday night it’s suppose to get 10 degrees with a wind chill of 0. Which is warm compared to some of the temps some of you guys are seeing lol. Probably the coldest I can ever remember for around here.

Awesome bullet performance and excellent buck. Congrats on recovering that bullet. Those things look like they will penetrate a long way with that Long shank on them.

Pretty good expansion as well. Seems like a solid combo to me.

SJB358":18mdd5i2 said:
Awesome bullet performance and excellent buck. Congrats on recovering that bullet. Those things look like they will penetrate a long way with that Long shank on them.

Pretty good expansion as well. Seems like a solid combo to me.
Thanks!

Great buck! And great performance by that bullet. I am amazed at how well that worked. My education continues....

Dan

NYDAN":1fq2x8d0 said:
Great buck! And great performance by that bullet. I am amazed at how well that worked. My education continues....

Dan
I had my doubts about it being a good fit in the Creedmoor, but was pleasantly surprised.

Congratulations! And thanks for posting the pics of both the buck and the bullet. I’m a Creedmoor shooter myself, and I’m happy to see an X-bullet expand that well from the cartridge.

MZ5":2lhj16fg said:
Congratulations! And thanks for posting the pics of both the buck and the bullet. I’m a Creedmoor shooter myself, and I’m happy to see an X-bullet expand that well from the cartridge.
Thanks! Which it was a fairy close shot, but I believe they would work fine for modest ranges. I would have my doubts at long range though.

Cleveland48":xeshm19m said:
MZ5":xeshm19m said:
Thanks! Which it was a fairy close shot, but I believe they would work fine for modest ranges. I would have my doubts at long range though.

I wouldn’t worry too much with the Tipped version. I’d bet if you stay above 2000 FPS at the Target you’ll get good expansion.

I’ve got some 129 LRXs on my shelf I might try around 2000 just see what they do. Reduced loads don’t have the RPMs but they still tell a story.

SJB358":zwum3lf6 said:
Cleveland48":zwum3lf6 said:
MZ5":zwum3lf6 said:

I wouldn’t worry too much with the Tipped version. I’d bet if you stay above 2000 FPS at the Target you’ll get good expansion.

I’ve got some 129 LRXs on my shelf I might try around 2000 just see what they do. Reduced loads don’t have the RPMs but they still tell a story.
I called Barnes and I believe they said minimum for expansion was 1900 fps which I’ll have out to 500 yards, I’ll never shoot at a deer that far so no worries. I did run the numbers on the LRX using Brian Litz b.c. Numbers, and they will extend that speed another couple hundred yards. I would like to see your test of those LRX!

Back