Finding the node

mjcmichigan":1ssycxgt said:
ozarkpugs":1ssycxgt said:
Ok I'm very confused by some of the wondering , for lack of a better word , about why some loads are higher with less velocity . Here is why I do ladders to find three or so loads that are at the right place within the travel of vibration to put the bullets close to the same place. Barrels whip and bend as vibrations travel up and back down them . Why is this important ? because if 35.0 35.2 35.4 are on same plane I can load 35.2 and temp changing VELOCITY will not effect my poa . 34.8 may have the bullet exiting just as the vibration gets to the end of the barrel . To understand this more easily hold a 3 ft pipe in front of you and have a friend strike it with a hammer and you will feel vibrations like they are strong and weak running up and down your barrel you want the bullet to exit when the vibration is strong at your hand ( receiver) not the other end ( muzzle ) .

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
You need the chrono numbers. A node is where velocity is pretty stable. So if you are off by 0.03, it doesn’t open the group.
If you are in a zone where each 0.1 adds 30 fps,it’s really hard to get that consistent.

In this example, the evidence suggest of you load between 3 and 6, you’ll hit the same basic spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I partially agree with your answer and as I stated look for VELOCITY leveling out for 1/2 grain difference but if the VELOCITY leveling out is at the spot in the vibration node where the bullet exits you are not going to get consistent grouping .I strive for flat VELOCITY over a span of powder charge and like temperature stable powders but have come to realize ( through experience) some loads that have a wider VELOCITY spread are more accurate than loads with hardly any deviation .

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Back