For Sale: Remington 740

rmarshall

Handloader
Mar 10, 2010
I have for sale a very nice condition Remington 740 Woodsmaster. As near as I can tell this is a 1956 manufacturer year. Bluing is almost new. No bluing wear on the muzzle or on the barrel anyplace. It has spent its entire life in a gun case. It’s an old family rifle that with near as I can tell has been fired hardly at all. I’m not exactly sure if it even was used hunting. It has one flaw, a stock crack that hasn’t occurred with abuse, just age. It’s been taken in and out of the gun case for years but as near as I can tell through family not hunted with. No rust. I can send additional pics if folks are interested.
Chambered in a classic 30-06.
Asking $625 shipped to your FFL.

Attachments

• IMG_7860.jpeg
    IMG_7860.jpeg
    662.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7859.jpeg
    IMG_7859.jpeg
    609.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7863.jpeg
    IMG_7863.jpeg
    433.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7864.jpeg
    IMG_7864.jpeg
    220.5 KB · Views: 39
I have for sale a very nice condition Remington 740 Woodsmaster. As near as I can tell this is a 1956 manufacturer year. Bluing is almost new. No bluing wear on the muzzle or on the barrel anyplace. It has spent its entire life in a gun case. It’s an old family rifle that with near as I can tell has been fired hardly at all. I’m not exactly sure if it even was used hunting. It has one flaw, a stock crack that hasn’t occurred with abuse, just age. It’s been taken in and out of the gun case for years but as near as I can tell through family not hunted with. No rust. I can send additional pics if folks are interested.
Chambered in a classic 30-06.
Asking $625 shipped to your FFL.
Nice looking rifle

JD338

In my book, that is a classic rifle. It is what my Dad had and used in the Adirondacks when I was a child.

the Scope is a USA made JC Higgins Rifleman Senior- Maybe made by redfield? I really don't know.

Thanks JD I could see it was a x4 but couldn't read the manufacture.

Marshall thanks for the response on a JC Higgins. The screws holding the windage side plate threw me off trying to ID the brand.

Back