Frankford Arsenal Trim and Prep Center

TXbaldhunter

Handloader
May 12, 2007
I got my Frankford Arsenal Trim and Prep Center today,I tell you what,that machine is impressive.I wish I would have bought one a long time ago.It is very easy to set up,the trim lengths are consistent too.Trim,chamfer,deburr and clean primer pockets takes about 10-20 seconds for each case.That's quite a time saver for what I consider the most tedious part of case prep.It's about like going from a manual meat grinder to a good electric one.The machine does most of the work.I got mine from Amazon.com for 135.99 + 11.22 tax for a total of 147.21,free shipping.Not too bad when you consider all the tools come with it.

What is required to set up for trimming different cartridges? Just curious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That looks to be the gold standard for trim centers. If I wasn't already set up with my RCBS Case Mate, I'd no doubt be order that unit.

I bought one the day I bit the bullet and bought all of my reloading equipment. Works really well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

So I just picked up one of these yesterday. I had a 200 dollar gift card for Bass Pro and wandered around for awhile looking for something to get with it.

Well, I found this trimmer. I had been eyeballing it for awhile.

I set it up in about 5 minutes and had it trimming 35 Newton brass. I did about 25 cases last night and measured them all. I would say 95% of them were spot on, with a couple being a thousandth over/under.. It is FAST. Really liked how it works. Seems like a powerful machine.

Ask me again in a year if I still like it as I should have a couple thousand cases over it by then. Trimming is my nemesis, so anything that makes it easier is a blessing.

Everytime I use mine it's like,"that's it?".Case prep is so fast and easy.Yesterday I full length resized and prepped 50 cases in well under an hour.The easiest part was the case prep.I used to dread case prep,not anymore.

TXbaldhunter":1wd3o4yy said:
Everytime I use mine it's like,"that's it?".Case prep is so fast and easy.Yesterday I full length resized and prepped 50 cases in well under an hour.The easiest part was the case prep.I used to dread case prep,not anymore.

I can see that! I believe I am going to like it.

Where and what kind of replacement cutters do you all use? Wouldn't mind putting a couple extra in there..

Back