Frankford Arsenal tumbler

boomer68

Handloader
Oct 23, 2006
Finally got around to testing out the new liquid tumbler. Pretty impressed so far. Ran some 340 brass through for 1.5hrs and they look like new. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409539308.733350.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that looks perfect. Do you have a before pic? I'd like to see the difference. It could mean a future addition to my juvenile reloading bench.

Very impressive, to be sure. That does look to be one fine setup. When you get time, give us a walk through on the procedure.

Sorry, forgot to take some before pictures. I have a bunch of very dirty .257 Wby brass (previous owner must never have cleaned them) and will be running them through soon. Will post before and afters :)

Ok, just running the 257 through the tumbler before sizing and here is a before picture.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409635399.492247.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to the "after" shot!

I finally gave in and went wet in my "tumbling". If you like clean brass, wet tumble with stainless steel pins is the way to go in my opinion.

RWE":327rjlp3 said:
Looking forward to the "after" shot!

I finally gave in and went wet in my "tumbling". If you like clean brass, wet tumble with stainless steel pins is the way to go in my opinion.

It does leave the brass looking as good as it gets.

Sure makes it nice so they don't scratch the dies and the rifle chambers and oh so much easier to spot possible problems such as cracks and such. Nicely done!

I have this unit also and have nothing but praise with how well it cleans your brass, both inside and out and including primer pockets. No more dusty media!

You guys everytime I think that I am finished with getting new equipment another post comes up. Man that looks like a good product :wink:.
Was at the range this past Friday and checked the garbage can & got two boxes of Remington factory 308 brass. People just fired them & threw them in the can go figure :shock:! I am not to proud to get them out :lol:!
I tumbled them Sunday evening.

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":3vaa4i1x said:
You guys everytime I think that I am finished with getting new equipment another post comes up. Man that looks like a good product :wink:.
Was at the range this past Friday and checked the garbage can & got two boxes of Remington factory 308 brass. People just fired them & threw them in the can go figure :shock:! I am not to proud to get them out :lol:!
I tumbled them Sunday evening.

Blessings,
Dan

So, does this mean you're buying/building a .308 now, Dan?

lol, we are enablers!

I had a bunch of 8mm RM brass, so had to buy a rifle ;)

boomer68":1dszvjbs said:
lol, we are enablers!

I had a bunch of 8mm RM brass, so had to buy a rifle ;)

Makes perfect sense to me. :grin: I've done the same thing on a few occasions.

Nope, I will just save them & use in a trade or to help someone out :wink:!
Sure won't mind a 7mm-08 :wink: though!!

Blessings,
Dan

Man, that is nice stuff. Does it clean all of the carbon from the case as well?

My stainless tumbler does so this should also

Back