GB300wm & bullet shot together today

bullet

Handloader
Dec 26, 2007
GB300wm (Jerry) and I shot today. He came up from just South of Baton Rouge and joined me at my shooting range in McNeil, MS., just 10 miles north of where I live. Jerry had to come 130 miles. We started shooting around 8:00am this morning.

Jerry was shooting his Sako 300Win with 210 Berger bullets and I was trying to see if I could get my Hawkeye 30-06 to shoot and make sure I did not have any stock or barrel issues.

Frist, Jerry's Sako 300Win can really shoot those 210 Berger bullets. He of course is an outstanding shot. Here is a 4 shot group he shot today with the 210 Bergers and it was outstanding.

IMG_8218.jpg

I shot my 30-06 Hawkeye and it seems things are starting to come together, it just needs to be shot some more and the more I shoot it the more it begins to tighten up. Both groups shown are just under and inch minus bore.

57grs IMR4350 2837fps Sierra 165 HPBT
IMG_8214.jpg

61grs H4831sc 2842fps Nosler 150gr E-Tip (this is the only group today with the E-Tip, will be trying some more)
IMG_8219.jpg

We had a great shoot, fellowship and lunch (Chicken Fried steak, gravy and mash potatoes, salad and a coke).

He shot his 257 some and I shot my 300Wby Weatherby factory 180gr Partition average 3250fps and it shot 3/4". Jerry shot my 358Win and it shot a 1/2" group. We had a great day.

whats the twist in his barrel and if you can get his recipe i would greatly appeciate it

str8meat":2rzeqloz said:
whats the twist in his barrel and if you can get his recipe i would greatly appeciate it

His twist is 11 not 10, Sako is a little different. It is on his target, and he uses Fed 215 primers and I am not sure which brass with the RL-25 but I believe it is Winchester and with H1000 he uses Nosler brass brass. The Berger is right on the lands.

Thanks bullet and the rest of you guys. This is a great site and sharing info is all the fun. I'm shooting 75.5 RL25, 215 primer,210 berger match vld, and ww brass. My other load is 75.6 H1000, 9 1/2m primer, nosler brass and a 208 a-max. Both loads are very accurate and they average 2750 and 2800 fps respectively. Both loads are also loaded kissing the lands. We had plenty fun today and I can't wait to get out again. Thanks again bullet. :grin:

wow, that 300 shoots. Those Etips look like they are starting to work for you too. Great report.

jtoews80":2jgvilnf said:
wow, that 300 shoots. Those Etips look like they are starting to work for you too. Great report.

Yes, the 150gr E-Tip is starting to look good and I think my 06 will begin to close up those groups with just a little more firing. That 300Win of Jerry's really is an accurate rifle and he has his loads dialed in really good. He is much more pains taking at the reloading bench than I am and he lets nothing slip by him, he is given to detail for sure.

Back