Gone and done it again!

Wow ET, those are both some classy looking rifles with those German scopes! Interesting reading what it takes to own a long gun in the UK. Must be why my great great grandfather left Ireland and the UK....... Yes I'm 99.8% Northern European, but 100% American and I see why........ I would never like having to figure out how much ammunition I'd like to hold, other then just say "a lot"!

I like walking 50-300 yards away from my front door, sit down under a tree, and start hunting! Hey, it doesn't have to be a lot of work, or miles from home all the time. Even my walks down my driveway can turn into hunting, which is why I bought this place.

What would be cool is those Red Stag's back in Scotland ET. You should have another great time, hope you get that trigger issue fixed by then!

Ha LRH, when your great great grandfather left Ireland, no such hoops to jump through to own & posess a firearm existed. Politicians as the old saying goes are (and media hype) the enemy of firearms.

As for hunting in the UK, well, ten minutes drive from my home there are red stags/deer that I could hunt, but the truth is, although the deer are indeed wild, they’re so heavily hunted (poachers & legal) that they remain in a spooked state and run at the slightest thing.
Also, they are most in open view where the landowners don’t want to see them shot. These land owners are anti blood sport types.

So, for me, the wilderness Scotland & northern England provides are by far better hunting grounds and worth the four to eight hour drive every time.

As for the trigger issue, I hope the dried up gooey crud in the bolt that I cleaned up and a good scrub of the sear has worked. We shall see when I visit the range.

Back