Good things come back around.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
I try to help people when I can and treat them fairly. Not why I do it but makes for good neighbors and friends with a willingness to do the same. Recently had a relative that came into a batch of powder from his Grandpa and he has no use for it as he doesn't reload. Gave it to me. Several unopened cans, the rest 1/2- 3/4 full. Probably 8-9 lbs total.

Traded one almost full can for 3 boxes of 30 caliber bullets with a guy I know. Traded another almost full can for 900 primers with another guy I know.

So in the middle of the worst shortage I've ever seen I picked up 3 boxes of bullets, 900 primers, and a good bit of powder I can use for no cost. Pretty amazing given the current circumstances. The Good Lord has a way of repaying in some ways you couldn't plan out any better.

A couple of neat old cans in the mix. Those real old cans have a wax seal in under the lid. That can of 4064 and the 4320 for that matter smells like fresh make powder.

Know where you are coming from. Gave some primers to a friend, brass to a relative then had a guy give me bullets. Firmly believe in doing to others as you have them do unto you. Neat old cans by the way. Make for a good display. Dan.

Back to the trader's community. - you have some of this, I need some of that...

Works fine if you have the right people around. No need to give money to people who want to ripp you off!
Seems you have such people around, which is great!

I traded a few lbs of equipment with a guy I only know online so far. Will change that this year. Dies, bullets, Brass. And of course load data.

Sometimes for very fair money (stuff was always in the mail before money was sent), sometimes in exchange for other things.
None of us cares if the other makes the better deal.
Always happy that the other can use stuff that would otherwise lay in the shelf for ages.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

ShadeTree":2su2ulu3 said:
I try to help people when I can and treat them fairly. Not why I do it but makes for good neighbors and friends with a willingness to do the same. Recently had a relative that came into a batch of powder from his Grandpa and he has no use for it as he doesn't reload. Gave it to me. Several unopened cans, the rest 1/2- 3/4 full. Probably 8-9 lbs total.

Traded one almost full can for 3 boxes of 30 caliber bullets with a guy I know. Traded another almost full can for 900 primers with another guy I know.

So in the middle of the worst shortage I've ever seen I picked up 3 boxes of bullets, 900 primers, and a good bit of powder I can use for no cost. Pretty amazing given the current circumstances. The Good Lord has a way of repaying in some ways you couldn't plan out any better.

A couple of neat old cans in the mix. Those real old cans have a wax seal in under the lid. That can of 4064 and the 4320 for that matter smells like fresh make powder.

BTW, the old DuPont powder mill on the Brandywine River in Delaware is a great tour. They have staff that gives a tour of the estate...I don’t know that they let you too close to the powder Mill, but you can see it plainly enough and they talk about the mills were open to the river side... three sided building... so if the powder “would catch”, the explosion would go harmlessly out over the river...DuPont family members worked and died there. I think two were killed in separate accidents. The corporate offices were a 4 room square, if I recall right, the accounting book used M for thousands and MM for millions. DuPont used that shorthand before metric was really adopted anywhere. The M is 1000 in Roman Numerals...the chemical industry today still uses M and MM conventions...although I’m sure few realize why...or that the M is for Roman Numerals.

I have 1 DuPont can left. My neighbor bought a DuPont dynamite box on an antique web site.. uses it for her computer monitor stand.. how cool. Wish I had one that cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a guy in VA send me a couple hundred .338 bullets a while back. Never met him other than on the Rokslide forum. Wouldn’t take a dime. We have an ongoing conversation going on the .338 Federal. Trying to convince him to come over here, he’d be a great addition.
Another fellow in OR has bent over backwards getting me some .300 H&H brass sent up. He’s helping a woman with an estate.

There are still way more good folks in this world than not.

Back