Great day at the range - both 243's shot great

Teknys

Handloader
Jan 14, 2008
My Sako 85 Finnlight - 243 was shooting the 100PT OK around 1". I have some Speer DC 90gn and put 41gns of RL17 behind it in Nosler brass. It shot mulitple 3 shot groups at 5/8" and 1/2" today. For now I'm 1" high at 100. I'm stopping there for this year as it is a new barrel. I have lots of 90gn BT and AB to move on too but for now I'll shoot up the DCs.
My new Rem R25 in 243 with the Vortex 4x16, shooting the 90BT & RL17 with Rem brass. Like last time it was 3 shots at 1/4" to 5/8". Go figure it just shoots. So both guns are sighted in and ready for longer range shooting on paper. Maybe next week end!
Very happy with results and how "easy" these loads came about.

Now to work on my wifes ShortTrac 243. It does like the 100PT with acceptable accuracy so I'll work with those and get her all set up.

Thank goodness it never ends.

It's great when a load comes together. Yes, I'd say you're coming along quite nicely with either of those rifles.

The Sako 85 goes deer hunting. The R25 is for coyote and ???. That's the plan anyway.

Three 243's in the house, sounds cool. I really like the sound of the Browning BAR, bet it hardly kicks at all. The accuracy of the other 2 can't really be beat.

Back