Grizzly, rifle or handgun, 5 seconds to choose!

I think people should just choose one and stick with it. If your hunting with a rifle then use the rifle, carry the pistol as personal protection, if you want to hunt with the pistol then just use the pistol, there is nothing wrong with that.

Sometimes people get too caught up with the decisions and miss out on game. Oh he's close I better get my pistol out, oh, he's getting farther way maybe my close range rifle, oh wait he's farther still I better get my long range rifle out. It sounds silly but probably happens more than you would guess.

Just shoot him with the rifle and be done with it. Save the pistol for inside the tent, or to have on you while skinning or laying on your back with an angry griz on top of you.

If you want to go pistol only ]'m all for that too, just pick one!

+1 Bear!!
I went through this delimma once when I was 17. After missing a nice buck with my pistol :evil: , I killed him with my rifle :p ....and have never had a hard time with that decision since. :wink:

The obvious answer is to shoot the guide in the leg and take his rifle so you can outrun him and the grizzly problem is taken care of. OR... The rifle has twice or more the power and and 3 times the accuracy (especially when a grizzley's involved) so it would be my choice.
This is going to be a fun survey :lol:
Good Hunting
Elkhunt :grin: :grin:

lol, I shot a spike buck a few years ago @ less than 10 yds. What made it a hard shot was that I was sitting in a lawn chair on a cut line that was 600 yds long with some doe in heat set out about 25 yds from me. The wind swung and he came up at about 4 oclock, comin in fast. stopped 7 yds away and I ended up shooting over my right shoulder(sort of) left handed with my left eye. At that time we were trying to cull out some of the spikes in that area. IT had to be one of the most difficult shots I've ever made, felt as tho I was going to fall right out of that chair.

In that case a pistol would have worked perfect(but not legal in Canada).

JT.

I would use the rifle. better knockdown and 100 yds is out of my handgun range.
Hardpan

Back