Had to get it!!

What is the point then? The 338 Win Mag is a couple grains more then the 264 because the neck diameter is larger. It's a non belted 338 Win Mag with a rebated case head that is .500" at the base versus .532 for the belt or .512-.513 in front of the belt of the Win Mag. Talk about redundancy.

The 338 Win Mag dies should easily work to neck size as long as the Sammi specs don't have super thick necks like the Nosler cases.
The point is some people want a 5.5 lbs 338 mag. With the brake it will be a pussy cat. My 6.5 RPM weighs 5.75 lbs ready to go. Recoil is like a 243.

You might be able to prove out this theory by checking it out with a 6.5 Weatherby RPM and a 264 WM sizing die. I think it would work.

JD338
It can be neck sized with a 338 Win or 338 Norma die.

Last edited:
Nice setup pard. When I had my superlite MGA 340wby screw up two scopes with its braking action, I had it rebarred. I went with a slightly heavier barrel in 338WM and just Mag Na Ported. I too shot the 185 (back then it was the old slick as snot XLC) and it was a killer (my longest shot on a cow elk, 250yds) I found that I had to zero it dead on at 100yds with the rifle really snuggled down into my Buddy Bag front. then, from hunting positions, it would hit +3" at 100! Keep an eye on it, those light rifles "almost" make me cuss again! I don't "but I really was tempted"! ha Have a ball pard!

Back