Had to get it!!

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
In order to complete the Bee 🐝 collection I had to get the 338 Bee RPM.

I ordered a Bee accumark but in 6 lug configuration. A little over 7 lbs and accuracy should be spectacular. It will wear Talley lightweight rings and a 2.5-10x40 mm Nightforce compact scope. I got a box of factory 185 ttsx Barnes coming and I also ordered the 175 hammer hunters for reloading......problem is I can't find dies anywhere nobody's making them so farAccumark_Main_Web.jpg

I've thought hard about one in the Backcountry 2.0 Ti, but with a 338-06 ULW already in the collection I'm waiting.
I do wish the Backcountry came with a slightly longer barrel in the 338 RPM.

Please let us know how it shoots!

I got the Accumark with a 24 " tube in the 338 RPM. I already have. Backcountry 2.0 240 bee in custom 1:7.5 rpm and.the TI 2.0 6.5 RPM both super light weight ...

Congratulations Fotis. I wonder if you could neck size the 338 Weatherby RPM in a 338 WM sizing die?

JD338

Short barrels only in the Backcountry with the 338 RPM, which is what holds me back.
I'm not an 18" barrel kind of guy with a bolt-action rifle. Their intent was to make it short for a suppressor.

Very Cool.
Some questions Fotis or others in the know.
Is the RPM case capacity close to the 264 Win Mag/7mmRM or more capacity?
Trying to figure out it's closest relative in terms of case capacity.
Thanks

I believe capacity is one or two grains more than the 264. The case is based on an elongated 284 Winchester

Congratulations Fotis. I wonder if you could neck size the 338 Weatherby RPM in a 338 WM sizing die?

JD338
Will play with it. You know me I'll figure a way out.

I emailed RCBS, LEE, HORNADY AND REDDING

Hornady answered so far and said only their custom shop will make them.

Yes Norma makes the brass and their ammunition.

here is another place to check . I have forming dies from these guys that work great . it's an Ohio company .

I've had good success with CH4D dies. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up others if needed.

They do not list it so custom is going to be a few hundred $$$ investment.

I am on the waiting list for RCBS

I believe capacity is one or two grains more than the 264. The case is based on an elongated 284 Winchester
What is the point then? The 338 Win Mag is a couple grains more then the 264 because the neck diameter is larger. It's a non belted 338 Win Mag with a rebated case head that is .500" at the base versus .532 for the belt or .512-.513 in front of the belt of the Win Mag. Talk about redundancy.

The 338 Win Mag dies should easily work to neck size as long as the Sammi specs don't have super thick necks like the Nosler cases.

Will play with it. You know me I'll figure a way out.
You might be able to prove out this theory by checking it out with a 6.5 Weatherby RPM and a 264 WM sizing die. I think it would work.

JD338

Back