Here she is...................35 Whelen in the 7600 Pump

truck driver":j1beeztb said:
FOTIS":j1beeztb said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Limbsaver-Precision-Fit-Recoil-Pad-Black-10101-Remington-700-710-7600-870-1100-/301579634477?hash=item46378c072d:g:M34AAOxyhodRv8vx
I have the new Limbsaver air cell on the 35AI and it does a good job but didn't take to shaping very well since the material it's made from doesn't take to being ground down and looks nappy. I do have 2 of them but I'm not sure I would buy a third. The stock I got from Boyd's I ordered with a Pachmyer Decelerator for the 7RM. Not sure the 7RM even needs a recoil pad because the Pachmyer made it feel like my 257 Roberts.
I would pick the Pachmyer because I think the material it's made of would be easier to work with and look better when done.

I have a Pachmyer Decelerator recoil pad on my 338 RUM and it made a huge difference in felt recoil.
I think you need to put these grind to fit pads in the freezer to stiffen them up for a better grind.

JD338

If you have a LimbSaver that is melting, contact the company and they will send you a new one. At least they did for me.

I expect a little sanding here and there

Limbsaver on my Tikka '06 made a big difference. Recoil is much more manageable. We'll see how it holds up long term. It's a pre-fit as well and it fits perfectly.

Well I tried to put it on but it is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY off! It is not even curved like the stock is. Taking it back

FOTIS":1hi9uyth said:
Well I tried to put it on but it is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY off! It is not even curved like the stock is. Taking it back

Is it large enough to freeze it and sand it to fit? Those pre fits haven't been "fit" for me.

I have one that was close and one that was not, so I got a grind to fit and ground it down. The one I got close I took the butt plate along and went threw several different packages till I got one to fit close. I drove Bass Pro shops security nuts while I was doing it. Had one guy stand there and watch me to make sure I wasn't stealing anything even though I told them what I was doing.

It has a HARD pad in front of the pad if that makes sense.

see here The little pad is rock hard and the buttstock does not have a "place" for it to go. Also it is straight as a pin. The 7600's buttstock is kind of curved. see below

s-l400.jpg

pix951225798.jpg

Unless someone swapped the contents out of the packages since this was the only one left of 100 others.

That's the same one I have on the M700 I got from Lee. It is that hard plastic base pad that you have to match to the stock with the prefit pad. But the stock butt plate should be flat on the underside that contacts the stock. Also if you search Limb saver pads they have a template that you use to match the prefit pads with your stock which I tried the first time and had to run 40 miles to return it and that is when I took the but plate along to match it up.

FOTIS":3ieugu1e said:
It has a HARD pad in front of the pad if that makes sense.

see here The little pad is rock hard and the buttstock does not have a "place" for it to go. Also it is straight as a pin. The 7600's buttstock is kind of curved. see below

s-l400.jpg

pix951225798.jpg

Might as well send it to me, it's probably beyond fixable. I wouldn't want a friend suffering with that sucker :lol:

I had a 7600 in 35 Whelen in Kodiak. It was a pretty good shooter. It was my bear rifle. I like 7600's and think they are generally under-appreciated. The few I have experience with were MOA guns with the right load. I'd love to make one up with a synthetic stock, stainless steel, 20 inch barrel, straight stock in 338 Federal. That'd make a sweet Guide Gun set-up.

Paul Barnard":1uro9etg said:
I had a 7600 in 35 Whelen in Kodiak. It was a pretty good shooter. It was my bear rifle. I like 7600's and think they are generally under-appreciated. The few I have experience with were MOA guns with the right load. I'd love to make one up with a synthetic stock, stainless steel, 20 inch barrel, straight stock in 338 Federal. That'd make a sweet Guide Gun set-up.

You are on to something there! That would be awesome!

Back