Hog Hunt Help

Vince

Handloader
May 26, 2012
Howdy folks.

I'm in need of some help.

I'm going to Fredricksburg, Texas for an Easter wedding. I'm the best man and need a place to hunt hogs near Fredricksburg on Saturday April 19, 2014. This will be a short hunt, just me and the groom. He's getting hitched to my former boss later that afternoon.

I know it's short notice but does anyone know anybody in the area? Not opposed to paying a small fee but it's just for the two of us to get in, hunt, share some time together, and then get him hitched.

Vince

Head on over to the Texas Predator Posse board. You might find some help there. CL

Thank you Cloverleaf.
Nice to see you posting. I found a place and have a half day hunt arranged for the Groom and I the morning of his wedding to a Texas flower.

Vince

Nothing like hog hunting on your wedding day I have to say that was mighty thoughtful! Just make sure his Wranglers are not all cut up, bloody, or too much cow pies all over them ! But do not show up late that could be an issue for sure! A big old pig on the BBQ would sure be nice for the after party with a little tequila :mrgreen:

Sadly, while we each had a shot, nobody brought a pig to the BBQ after the nuptials.

I was within fifteen yards of seven hogs but refused to shoot until the groom had shot first. He didn't shoot because he didn't know where I was. We all had a blast however and I'll be going back for sure.

You both did the right thing. There is honor is being safe rather than selfish. Good to see men with cool heads doing the right thing.

Sorry to hear ya married your friend off :lol: he may never forgive ya but not shooting surely could be the reason he made it to the Alter and I am sure glad ya both had fun as it's all about the memories as the kill is just the icing on top of the cake !! If you can get over to Arkansas and find some river bottom land you could probably kill more hogs than black birds as The Ouachita River Bottoms between Sparkman south to Camden is infested and has been for years!! You could actually do a float trip and hunt outta a boat as long as no shots came from a moving boat ? We used to coon hunt that way and would freeze our butts off doing it!

Back