Hornady A-Max ( Hunting Bullet or Target Bullet ) ??

Yes i understand that this is the Nosler Forum. A friend of mine called me yesterday and asked me. And i don't know anything about Hornady products, being that i only use Nosler Ballistic Tips.

To the best of my limited knowlege it is only a target/varment bullet.I would think it would explode on anything tougher than paper.

I know some fellows who have used the .30 cal A-Max on deer, with good success. From what they tell me, it tends to come apart rather than mushroom.

The 105 gr 6mm A-Max can be worthwhile as a varmint bullet too. The A-Max does tend to be a pretty darned accurate bullet.

I do prefer to hunt with a Nosler hunting bullet myself! :wink:

Regards, Guy

I do not use Target bullets for hunting.

That is just me.

Nothing wrong with asking ??? about other products here as far as I am concerned. We are all Brothers in Arms and should help each other at all levels. :wink:

Nobody has problems with questions about other products. We created this forum to help all reloaders and shooters, not just our customers. We've never deleted a comment or topic because someone was saying something about us or other companies. We appreciate the honest input and it always makes for better debates and a little friendly banter. :grin:

I called Hornady last year about bullets melting and got quite a bit of good feedback. As I recall they even have an 800 #. http://www.hornady.com/contact_us.php

Over on AR JB made a comment about good results with a target bullet on game. His article is due out soon in Rifle Or Handloader.

He did not say what brand but my guess is that they were Bergers.

For those guys who just can't use a target bullet for hunting >>>> Hornady clearly states that the A-Max bullet is intended for use on thin skinned biggame animals.

For that matter, Berger has a promotional video out which promotes the use of there "match bullets" for longrange biggame hunting.

There - now you can use those A-Max bullets to clobber whitetails without feeling guilty any more. :lol:

Back