Host of BC Hunting show convicted for poaching

gerry

Ammo Smith
Mar 1, 2007

Numerous offenses in BC and Alberta. They got fines of $6500 in BC and $25,000 in Alberta along with a 1 year suspension. Should have been harsher penalties but at least we know about them now.

Wild TV Immediately cut ties with them so good for them

Alpine Carnivore on Facebook blocked me quickly when I commented on their page :ROFLMAO:

OK, being this far south removed from the situation.

How did they even begin to know where to look for DNA evidence and the brass casing to tie these crimes together?

Was this a loose lips sinks ships kinda deal? I would not even know where to begin, I'd stink as an investigator.

I don't watch any of these type shows, scripted "reality" TV ruined it for me, makes everything I see suspect. Plus there are plenty of 1 or 2 real hunts, based around friends, families and kiddos on YouTube to occupy my time with actual reality.

OK, being this far south removed from the situation.

How did they even begin to know where to look for DNA evidence and the brass casing to tie these crimes together?

Was this a loose lips sinks ships kinda deal? I would not even know where to begin, I'd stink as an investigator.

I don't watch any of these type shows, scripted "reality" TV ruined it for me, makes everything I see suspect. Plus there are plenty of 1 or 2 real hunts, based around friends, families and kiddos on YouTube to occupy my time with actual reality.
I'm not sure exactly how they found out but have found this on the Rokslide forum. One guy in Alberta who is a sheep hunter talked with the guy and knew something was wrong with the sheep hunt. Must have been reported by someone eventually. Sounds like the moose and elk were shot in closed areas/out of season and on other people's tags, when the Fish and Game guys have access to who drew what tags and then can watch a video on who did the shooting on the hunt it's easy to see that they broke the law.

Still, it appears to have been fine police work. Nothing easy about finding evidence in many cases. And the courts can be excessively demanding in some instances. I have worked with local COs providing ballistic evidence on a few cases. I am impressed at the attention to detail that is demanded.

Back