How about a 90 grain accubond in 6mm/243?

coyotetrapper

Beginner
Feb 9, 2007
I'm looking for a high BC deer bullet in .243 the best I have found is the swift scirocco II it has a BC of .419 and is what a AccuBond is correct?

I don't suppose Nosler is thinking about a 90 grain AccuBond anytime soon?

I agree. Ninety grain is ideal for some speed but also sectional density and weight. Probably good for coyote pelts. Hornady has an 85 gr Interbond.

I bought a box of those swifts I will try them out and wait until nosler comes out with a AccuBond, until then we will see what those swifts will do!

I'm wondering if you guys asking for a bonded bullet have tried the 95 ballistic tip bullets and if you have had any poor experiences why you want to use another bullet. In my 243 the 95 ballistic tip shoots well but the 85 barnes tsx gives me a better feeling of security I guess. However, I have not shot any type of big game with the 243 yet so I am unbiased at this point.

I am working on a 90 BT load right now,will be carrying my 243 on my back pack hunt this year and thats the load I will use.
The only real reason I want the E-tip is because California has banned lead bullets in part of the state and I don't think It will be long before its state wide. :evil:

Only deer I ever shot with a 243 was my very first and that was with a hand loaded speer cup and core 105gr.Kilt that muledeer dead. :p

this is a dual gun for coyotes and my son to use deer hunting, 2900 FPS and bone I'm betting I wouldn't get the same performance with the bal tip as a bonded bullet. He is new to deer hunting and I want something that may help less than perfect shot placement for a good kill.

I like the swift scirocco, it is a bonded bullet with great BC rating. I'm also a nosler fan, so I just wanted to see if this was something for down the road, I use accu bonds in my 25-06 and they are a great bullet!

Back