How did we miss the new 6.5 Weatherby RPM?

Pretty neat cartridge in my book. Pretty danged close to a 264 Win Mag and you could easily rebarrel about any Remington or Winchester in an 06 based cartridge to make it work. Seems like a nice one. Weatherby really stepped up their game this past year. Some nice rifles for guys that don’t wanna carry 10lb rifles.

I gave up on it ever showing up, what with the "Great Ammo/Component" shortage (worse one I've ever seen in my lifetime!) A 30-06 and a good 125-130gr bullet will give it a run for its money out to 400yds...just saying. And will add "if" one even "had" any good 125-130gr bullets! Forget trying to find any right now, ha.

Why not get a 6,5x68 with a faster twist?
And a replacement barrel or two, if you want to shoot some more?

I like my Creedmoor.
But the use for an 'über-6,5' is limited.

For bigger game way out there you want the bullet heavier.

I like the small 6,5. But not the trend ' how low can I go for big animals faaaarrr away?'

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

1100 Remington Man":1d8ue8i9 said:
I just feel sorry for the ammo company’s, I am beginning to think we have to many choices. While I like the .264 Win Mag I really don’t see the need. If anything in a light weight rifle I would want the 6.5x284 with a fast twist for a high BC bullet. I shoot Magnums because I am a big Bob Hagel fan but the truth is all this quest for more capable cartridges is IMHO really not needed as 99% of my shot opportunities come at not all that long of range.
Yea if I was looking for a light weight sheep rifle 6.5x284 long action and a 24 inch barrel would do.

I'm with you on the 6.5 x 284 long action, still waiting on the build from GA Precision with the 7.5 twist in 26 inch barrel.

I already have a 6.5 Creedmoor.

I finally got to handle one of the rifles. It's light. Very light. Felt like a longer version of my Barrett Fieldcraft, but a long action and full length barrel.

The bad: the action was gritty, stiff bolt lift to open it and not smooth at all pulling it back. I can appreciate it for what it is- a very specialized tool...but it didn't feel like a $3k+ rifle especially when a Sako or Tikka action feels like its on ball bearings.

My prediction is they're going to stick a .30 cal bullet in that case next year...I'm gonna wait.

Back