HOW DO YOU GUYS CLEAN YOUR BRASS???

GermanShorthair

Beginner
Jan 1, 2008
Just wanted to know how you guys clean your brass? I am trying to find a faster way of cleaning my brass to a high luster.... I usually run my lyman turbo tumbler for 6-8 hours in walnut media and then another 4-6 hours in corn cobb :?
Any more efficient ways of cleaning brass :?:

I use a Vibra Tech cleaner with Corn Cobb media.
Then I use a rag to wipe the cases and #0000 steel wool on the head stamp. This preps the case for color code.
I use Blue, Green, Red, or Maroon (Green and than Red) magic markers to color a ring on the beveled edge of the primer pocket. This color code identifies a light, medium or heavy weight bullets for that shell.

You could also do the same for powders or number of times the case has been loaded. Keep in mind that if you load different weight bullets or powders, how do you identify them? What if your ammo spilled in your shootiing box on the way to the range to test some different loads?

It also gives your ammunition a professional or factory look. :wink:

JD338

RCBS Tumbler, clean walnut bird cage liner from Walmart and Franklin Arsenel orange cleaner. Works great even on dirty .480ruger cases that pushed 32.5 grains of H110. Usally run it for about 45 minutes for the really tough loads.

I use walnut hull from rcbs and the package include a white pollishing compound that is added to the walnut hull.
after the first cleaning it takes about an hour to touch up the brass after a trip to the range.
I have found that changing the media a little more often greatly reduces cleaning time.

Back