Howl For Wildlife

6mm Remington

Ammo Smith
Feb 27, 2006
I'd like to make folks aware of a group that are working hard across the United States on hunting and outdoor related issues. Howl for widlife is a non-profit and my take on what I have experienced with Howl is that they are trying very hard to keep our outdoor heritage alive and growing. I am a member and supporter of the site. Seem like they are good folks working hard, and they have taken a playbook out of the anti's methods and it sure pisses them off.

I am a Member of a group called Montana Sportsmen for Fish & Wildlife. NO this group is not affiliated with, similar to, or any way tied with a similarly named group out of Utah. Just putting that out there as apparently the Utah group has not been viewed very favorably. That being said, we are having Charles from Howl come to our annual fundraising banquet on April 20, 2024 at the Missoula County Fairgrounds (Missoula Montana)and he is going to be a guest speaker at our banquet. I'm excited to meet Charles and to hear more about Howl. Montana Sportsman for Fish & Wildlife as a group has supported Howl and most of us are members.

Hunting, Fishing, Trapping | Montana Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife

Montana Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife's mission is to preserve, protect and enhance Montana's hunting, fishing and trapping rights while protecting Montana's rural heritage.

I hope folks check out Howl for Wildlife.

Wish you could be there Mike. We have some great auction and raffle prizes. We have quite a few rifles and pistols as prizes in addition to other items. One item is a Ruana Model 5AD knife. Believe it's going to be auctioned off. Should bring some money in for our group to continue the fight for our outdoor heritage. Here's the knife.
1712278271949.jpeg

Good to know. Thanks!

Our hunting tradition is under attack, strong attack. I fear that hunting is going to be eliminated via regulation & laws. :(

Guy
It is sad Guy. People so withdrawn and removed from nature making laws and dictating policy without any practical knowledge. Our group and other like it are out there and fighting with everything that we have to prevent that from happening.

That is a very handsome knife that any sportsman would be proud to carry.
Ruana makes some really nice knives. Mike & Mark Hangus at Ruana went in with me and the company donated half of the knife and I paid for the other half for an item at our banquet. I made this donation for our banquet. We have several members and other folks who make donations to our group and of course we use some of our money for items for our banquet. It's a worthwhile group to be a part of. We just donated $5000.00 to a shooting complex being built here where I live. This indoor range is for YOUTH shooters and will hold archery, air rifle, and air pistol. It is a no powder or primers facility. It is designated for Youth first but can be used by other members when they are not having activites there. The downstairs portion will be for pistol cartridges up to 44 magnum for adult members. This shooting center called the Liberty Shooting Center will be the largest indoor facility west of the Mississippi River. It should be fantastic when it is completed. I've donated a couple days worth of work on the construction phase. I cannot wait to see it completed.

Back