Hunting abroad (help needed)

Kuula

Beginner
Dec 19, 2010
Hi. Hunting is very important to me and i like to to learn different hunting methods around the world. So i was wondering that do you have anykind of websites in US or Canada where hunters may suggest swap hunts? We have this kind of pages here in europe and i have done some exchange hunts in Czech Republic and Germany. It is really great and cheap way to discover something new.

If you are interested hunting here in Finland please let me know :) No money involved (just buy youre plane tickets). Though we have quite familiar species to you like Moose and Whitetails but also something not that familiar like Roe Deer, Black Grouse, Capercaillie etc...

If you know that this kind pages exist please let me know :) Because i really would love hunting in US or Canada.

The problem with my own province is that those from outside of Canada are required by law to hire a guide. That is quite an expensive proposition.

Yes that is... Btw. do you know if relatives from abroad need pro guides? I ask because my fathers cousin and his children live in canada and they think also that i would need a pro guide but I have some recollection that relatives of a Canadian don't need a pro guide?

It is a little diffent to pay thousands from a hunt when you can hunt almost free. When i was in CZ last month I shot a Mouflon, 2 Roe Bucks and a Wilboar. The expenses in total were 350€, 250 for the plane ticket and 100 for souvenirs for family :)

In this province, I can take immediate family (designated as parents, siblings or grandparents). Beyond that, they must hire a guide. Other provinces have differing laws. Some provinces do permit land owners to grant permits on a limited basis to friends and family. Other hunting opportunities are not prohibitive, though the variety of game is not as great. The best thing to do would be to do a search of the laws in the province in which your family members reside to determine what the laws are. Most conservation offices will communicate with you to clarify any questions you may have.

Back