Hunting Bullet Inventories...

I started planning ahead during the Clinton administration, really got going the last 8 years. Got my 22 ammo before the hoarders started buying it up. Just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have the disease as bad as some of you. I'm set on powder and primers and brass, bullets now I'm very thin compared to you all!! :wink:

Don

I started planning ahead during the Clinton administration, really got going the last 8 years. Got my 22 ammo before the hoarders started buying it up. Just in case.

salmonchaser":donmyaky said:
Yvette entered the man cave yesterday to watch as I coached her son reloading his first box of 7mm.
As she looked at the stacks of bullets she said; we don't have a 243 in the safe. Picking up a box of 120 grain partitions, we don't have a 257 either. Without looking up from his work Kyle said " not yet"
I like this kid.

Very smart indeed!

mjcmichigan":hmigap12 said:
salmonchaser":hmigap12 said:
Yvette entered the man cave yesterday to watch as I coached her son reloading his first box of 7mm.
As she looked at the stacks of bullets she said; we don't have a 243 in the safe. Picking up a box of 120 grain partitions, we don't have a 257 either. Without looking up from his work Kyle said " not yet"
I like this kid.

Very smart indeed!

Kid's got potential :lol:

I once had 1,000+ 150gr Partition 30cal bullets. I had to buy some this last year. Too much plinking and fun shooting with them. Also giving them to friends a few times. Left 100 of them in loaded 30-06 in Africa for my PH.

If I continue to use my 300 WM as my primary hunting rifle, I will run out of Partitions in not to many years. I already have AB's , and Swift's ready to fill the gap.

Being in AK I learned early on that if I see something available that I may need I better buy it. Especially with powder since no one will ship it here. It's gotten better over the last year but it's still spotty. I practice with what I hunt with though, and with my new range right in the back yard I'm going through them faster than before. At the moment I've probably got about 3,000 bullets for the 6mm/243 in 90-100gr., 2,000 .308 in 125-200gr., 1,000 .375 in 260-300gr., and a few hundred each for the 7mm and .257. And then most likely enough powder to load them all. Still trying to find some FMJ 6mm's local though for predator control. The E-Tips do alright loaded down on coyotes but I kind of blew up a fox a couple weeks ago....oops.

The recent shortages kind of put me into overdrive buying mode this summer when overtime was in the paycheck and things were in stock. Mostly oriented towards NRA/CMP shooting though. I have a butt load of .308, 6.5mm and 5.56 match bullets.

Don't tend to keep a ton of hunting bullets on hand. The 06 eats 180gr Norma Alaskas for hunting, and whatever misc bullets laying about for practice. For some weird reason, this particular rifle shoots everything to the same POI at 100 yards, so save a couple Alaskas to confirm zero and I'm set.

Wife's .308 still eats the 150 Mag Tip for hunting. Bought a few hundred of those when they were discontinued, and they're getting thin enough now I need to make her a different load for practice and save those for a few sighters and hunting. Should be able to stretch those out another 5 years or so.

My .280 now has one load, and 50 at a time is good enough for those as a cheap soft point of the same weight carries the same POI to 200 yards.

I tend to use up my leftovers from past experiments on the steel plates at my range in the summer, so I'm starting to get a handle on the random partial boxes laying about.

Back