Hunting load for .308 W

Boggy

Beginner
Apr 5, 2007
I have an Enfield rifle in .308W and I wondered if anyone had any load data for Nosler bullets? I was thinking of using the 150grain AccuBond for Whitetail hunting. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

i also use 47 gr of varget with 150gr accubonds and ballistic tips. the is the top load in the nosler book

Baltz, not to change the subject but hope to enhance it and gain some knowledge--is the ballistic tip and AccuBond's point of impact the same with either bullet?

IMR 4895 @ 43.6
Sierra Gameking 165 BTHP
Rem 9.5 Primer
WW Cases

Very accurate and great bullet for deer to caribou!

Cloverleaf groups!

Baltz, not to change the subject but hope to enhance it and gain some knowledge--is the ballistic tip and AccuBond's point of impact the same with either bullet?
no the point of impact in my rifle is approximately 2" higher with ballistic tips over AccuBond. the ballistic tip bullets cronograph 25fps faster than the accubonds also.

Most accurate but slower, in mine uses 49grains of W760 and
Nosler 150g accubonds. I has given some 1/2" 3 shot groups when
other powders (varget, imr4350, h335,IMr 3031) were more like 2".

Best velocity used IMR4320.

I shot both 165 AccuBond and balistic tips in my Kimber 308. The abonds were slightly more accurate, performacne on game was good, but not the lightning strike of the ballistic tip. I loaded both bullets over 44.5 grains of reloder 15 with a Fed 210m primer in ww brass.

Back